Ship Your Car To Or From Uruguay
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transporting a car to Uruguay from the U.S. will usually cost from $2,100 to $4,600.
- Smaller vehicles and standard sized cars that fit into a shipping container are the cheapest to transport, while others may cost slightly more.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Uruguay
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Montevideo||$200||$3,300||5+30|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Montevideo||$450||$3,300||5+30|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Montevideo||$475||$3,300||6+30|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Montevideo||$550||$3,300||6+30|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Montevideo||$575||$2,900||6+24|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Montevideo||$675||$2,900||6+24|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Montevideo||$700||$2,900||6+24|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Montevideo||$775||$3,300||7+30|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Montevideo||$800||$2,900||6+24|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Montevideo||$1,075||$2,900||7+24|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
There are some basic questions you have to answer and some basic decisions to make about shipping your vehicle to Uruguay before you get to the rules and regulations concerning international shipping. Your shipping agent should be able to help you a great deal with the fine points about shipping, so finding a knowledgeable and experienced shipper will be one of your first priorities.
It should be a company very familiar with all aspects of importing vehicles into Uruguay, because overlooking some small detail can easily result in your vehicle being tied up at port for days or even weeks.
To some extent, your shipper will need to be a company that has a presence near your geographic location. For one thing, if you need to have the vehicle picked up for delivery to the destination port, you won’t want that pickup to be a cross-country effort. Even if you drive it to port yourself, you won’t want a huge drive involved. Also, whichever port in the U.S. is your departure port, your shipper must have an operation there.
Next you’ll need to decide about a shipping method, and the two basic factors involved with methods are cost and protection. Shipping by the container method costs more than other methods because it affords greater protection for your vehicle. Either a 20-ft or a 40-ft container will be used to transport your vehicle overseas, and during transit it will be protected from weather and any other ship-board hazards.
The other shipping method is known as Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO), and involves lashing your car securely to one of the decks of the ship in an unprotected mode. The name comes from the fact that the vehicle will be driven on and off the ship under its own power. For this reason, it must be supplied with ¼ tank of gas for the trip (but no more than that), and it must have no other personal items inside the car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
The country of Uruguay does not allow used cars to be imported if you are not an Uruguayan citizen. Citizens of the country are allowed to import used cars if they have been abroad for at least three years and the vehicle has been registered in the owner’s name for that period of time. Even after satisfying these requirements, the used car owner must apply to the Ministry of Finance for import authorization, and then it will still have to clear customs.
Restrictions on new cars are not quite so stringent, although new cars imported into the country will be levied with a duty at whichever port is the port of entry. For any questions, you might have about your personal vehicle, contact the Uruguayan Embassy in the U.S.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Uruguay
- Purchase invoice
- Ocean bill of lading
- Proof of freight insurance
- Authorization from Ministry of Economy & Finance
Before your car will be allowed to leave the country, you must demonstrate that it is eligible for shipping abroad. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency will require that you provide a title for the vehicle that is clear of any liens, unless the lienholder has given you written authorization to export the vehicle.
You will also have to prove ownership of the vehicle by providing a bill of sale with your name on it as the purchaser. Beyond this, you’ll also need the car’s registration and your driver license to be cleared from the U.S. Make sure you arrange for this clearance well ahead of any planned shipping date, just in case there are any hang-ups with the process.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How do I ship my car to Uruguay?
- Learn the right way to ship a car from the US to Uruguay
- The process of shipping a car to Uruguay from the US is affordable and reliable even with container services
- Learn about the costs to ship a car to Uruguay
- Shipping your car off to Uruguay in a container
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
Our Services and Information
Car Domestic FAQ
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
🇺🇾 Uruguay, (UY)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September