- Car Shipping Timor Leste
- Shipping A Car To Timor-Leste
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Timor Leste
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Timor Leste
- Requirements For Vehicle Shipping To Timor-Leste
- Duties And Taxes
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Timor Leste
- What Overseas Shipping Methods Are Offered For Heavy Equipment Transports?
Car Shipping Timor Leste
Shipping A Car To Timor-Leste
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though Timor-Leste is an island nation, transport ships deliver to the area less frequently than other areas, though there are more frequent routes to nearby locations like Indonesia and Australia.
- Most vehicle shipping costs to the area fall between $2,800 and $6,200, largely depending on the distance and shipping weight involved.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Timor Leste
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Dili||$200||$1300||28+5|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Dili||$350||$1300||28+5|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Dili||$400||$5000||44+5|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Dili||$550||$1300||28+6|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Dili||$575||$5000||44+6|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Dili||$675||$5000||44+6|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Dili||$700||$5000||44+6|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Dili||$775||$1300||28+7|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Dili||$925||$5000||44+7|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Dili||$1,025||$1300||28+7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Vehicle shipping to the country of Timor-Leste in Southeast Asia. The country consists of half of the island Timor as well as several surrounding islands. Much of the country lives in poverty. However, Timor-Leste is well-known for its beautiful scenery and has been a frequent tourist attraction. Whale watching, mountain climbing, and deep sea diving are only a few of the reasons people come to the beautiful island to live, visit, study, or work.
Exporting a vehicle to Timor-Leste can be pricey, but it could really be beneficial to those who intend on traveling locally often and staying for an extended length of time. A car owner will have the freedom of traveling regardless of the time or day and they won't have to rely on public transit to get to where they need or want to.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Timor Leste
- Proof of Ownership
- License, Picture I.D., and Passport
- Permit from the National Director of Ground Transportation
- Title and Registration
- Documentation or Proof of Residency in Timor-Leste
- Proof of Study or Employment
- Bill of lading
Requirements for Vehicle Shipping to Timor-Leste
There are strict requirements that must be met for vehicle importation into Timor-Leste. For example, vehicles with a manufacturer date older than 5 years are not permitted unless they meet certain criteria. Classic cars, heavy vehicles, vehicles with over 20 passenger seats, and vehicles imported under the international agreement are all exceptions.
Contacting Asian Customs prior to importing is always in a person's best interest. The requirements are always subject to change. It is best to be sure of the requirements close to the time of planned importation.
Duties and Taxes
The duties and taxes required for the importation of a vehicle from the United States to Timor-Leste include:
- Excise Duty is 5% of the cost, insurance and freight value (CIF), plus the import duty. This is only if the vehicle's value exceeds %70,000 U.S. dollars.
- Sales Tax of 2.5% (CIF value, plus the import and excise duty.
- Import Duty is also 2.5% of the CIF value of the vehicle.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Timor Leste
Shipping your oversized cargo or heavy equipment to Timor Leste is easiest and most inexpensively done with the help of a well-known and honored international shipping company. Look no further than A1 Auto Transport for all your overseas heavy equipment shipping needs. With our access to the highest quality shipping equipment, the most modern technology, and a trained and educated staff, there’s no doubt in our ability to ship your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country safely.
The types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship has no limit. Throughout our history in the industry, we have shipped countless types of cargo including…
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Mining equipment
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment and more…
What Overseas Shipping Methods Are Offered for Heavy Equipment Transports?
- Lift On/Lift Off shipping, also referred to as LoLo shipping and is one of the most common forms of transport and available to anyone shipping inoperable vehicles and crated heavy cargo such as engines or equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo aboard the ship as well as off of the ship.
- Roll-on/roll-off shipping or RoRo for short is the most common and cost-effective method of transporting bulky or heavy items internationally. Your car or equipment must be able to drive up a ramp and drive off the boat.
- Flat Rack shipping is also another form of open air international transport that is highly recommended. Your cargo is secured to a metal frame before being placed on the ship. If inclement weather is a concern during the transport, your cargo may be protected with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t available for most oversized cargo unless it fits into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we offer our customers. It will protect your cargo from all outside hazards.