Shipping A Car To Timor-Leste
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though Timor-Leste is an island nation, transport ships deliver to the area less frequently than other areas, though there are more frequent routes to nearby locations like Indonesia and Australia.
- Most vehicle shipping costs to the area fall between $2,800 and $6,200, largely depending on the distance and shipping weight involved.
Vehicle shipping to the country of Timor-Leste in Southeast Asia. The country consists of half of the island Timor as well as several surrounding islands. Much of the country lives in poverty. However, Timor-Leste is well-known for its beautiful scenery and has been a frequent tourism attraction. Whale watching, mountain climbing and deep sea diving are only a few of the reasons people come to the beautiful island to live, visit, study, or work.
Exporting a vehicle to Timor-Leste can be pricey, but it could really be beneficial to those who intend on traveling locally often and staying for an extended length of time. A car owner will have the freedom of traveling regardless of the time or day and they won’t have to rely on public transit to get to where they need or want to.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Timor Leste
- Proof of Ownership
- License, Picture I.D. and Passport
- Permit from the national Director of Ground Transportation
- Title and Registration
- Documentation or Proof of Residency in Timor-Leste
- Proof of Study or Employment
- Bill of lading
Requirements for Vehicle Shipping to Timor-Leste
There are strict requirements that must be met for vehicle importation into Timor-Leste. For example, vehicles with a manufacturer date older than 5 years are not permitted unless they meet certain criteria. Classic cars, heavy vehicles, vehicles with over 20 passenger seats, and vehicles imported under international agreement are all exceptions.
Contacting Asian Customs prior to importing is always in a person’s best interest. The requirements are always subject to change. It is best to be sure of the requirements close to the time of planned importation.
Duties and Taxes
The duties and taxes required for importation of a vehicle from the United States to Timor-Leste include:
- Excise Duty is 5% of the cost, insurance and freight value (CIF), plus the import duty. This is only if the vehicle’s value exceeds %70,000 U.S. dollars.
- Sales Tax of 2.5% (CIF value, plus the import and excise duty.
- Import Duty is also 2.5% of the CIF value of the vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!