Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Stockholm
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The most populated city and the capital of Sweden, Stockholm is the administrative, cultural and commercial center of the country. With plenty of employment opportunities, businesses and eminent educational institutes, there are openings for people all over the world.
That is one of the reasons that number of expatriates call Stockholm second home. However, when you are here, it helps to have your own vehicle for traveling around. Importing a car from USA is comparatively simple as the laws are efficient. There are no language barriers as English is well-spoken here.
It is imperative to work with an trusted shipping service to ensure that the tax duties are reduced as the shipping service understand the eligibility for exemptions and help you avail them. That is where A1 Auto Transport service can be an asset. We understand all laws and nuances of shipping your vehicle from USA to Sweden.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With any import, there is plenty of paperwork and regulations to adhere to. Here is a quick look at some of the required documents:
- S issued driving license.
- Passport and valid photo ID.
- Bill of Sale (with details of the car purchase)
- Registration documents of the car.
- Title deed.
- Proof of U.S vehicle insurance.
- Swedish temporary car insurance.
It is essential that the owner of the vehicle is present when the vehicle arrives so that custom clearance is possible. Additionally, there are other regulations that you need to adhere to otherwise there is an extra VAT of 25% over and above the standard import duties and levies. These are:
- Need to own the vehicle for at least 12 months before importing it.
- Have to declare and use the vehicle only for your personal use.
- Only allowed to import if you have not brought into Sweden any other vehicle as tax free in the last three years.
- If you are moving on a long term basis and have the necessary documents from the Swedish government to stay on after the three month visa expires.
- You are not allowed to sell the vehicle for one year.
Opt for the best shipping method.
You have the option of select from Roll-On and Roll-Off Service and Container shipping to transport your vehicle to Stockholm. RORO is the cheapest method to ship your vehicle. It is secured on the ship deck for the whole period of transit and is then driven off at the Stockholm port.
While in container shipping, the vehicle is put within a large container and secured. If you intend shipping household items or personal goods, along with the vehicle, it is the best way to do it. It is quick and reliable even though it costs more to ship using the 20 feet or 40 feet containers, than RORO.
After the vehicle passes the inspection, you can drive it home. However, it is important to ask the Customs officials to put the vehicle on the active vehicle list. For a year, the U.S issued driving license will be active but after that you will need a local Swedish license to drive around.