Importing a motor vehicle to Santiago de los Caballeros is essential if you have relocated to the busy metropolitan city in the Dominican Republic. The city is a bustling city for businessmen as well as scholars who have relocated from the United States to attend school at one of the universities in the city. While many parts of the country are prone to hurricanes and extremely rainy weather during the year making driving difficult, Santiago de los Caballeros is fairly protected from severe weather and flooding due to the Cibao Valley that it is located in. Transportation in the city consists of many shared taxis, meaning that when you need to go anywhere you most often will need to make plans to leave early or arrive late. Having your own motor vehicle will not only ensure that you are able to travel where you need to on time, but it will cut the expense of having to hail a taxi daily.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Place Your Motor Vehicle in the Hands of Professionals.
Having your motor vehicle transported to your location in the city is simplified when you contact a professional auto transporter to take care of the shipping for you. When you initially speak to the customer representative you will provide information on your automobile such as make, model, year and anything that may have been done to modify the car in any way. Providing as many details about the car as possible will help to ensure an accurate price quote for shipping internationally. The customer service representative will go over the insurance coverage that is provided during transport. They will also be able to help with determining the best mode of transport for your motor vehicle. The types of available transport to ship a car to Santiago de los Caballero are:
- RORO– RORO is used widely for shipping cars locally, nationwide and internationally. Over the last 20 years it has become the most common way to ship a motor vehicle of any make, model or year. Cars, trucks, vans, ATV’s, motorcycles and other types of wheeled transportation are rolled (driven) onto the shipping vessel and then transported to cities and countries around the world quickly and cost effectively. This type of transport is the perfect choice for shipping the motor vehicle that you will be driving daily while in Santiago de los Caballeros.
- Enclosed Shipping– Enclosed shipping is best for classic and antique motor vehicles that may need a bit more protection from the elements and weather than a standard daily driving automobile needs. Placed into large, secure transport containers, the cars are safely transported to locations throughout the world. Shipping via enclosed transport will cost a little more than RORO but if you have a classic that you want to ensure extra protection during relocation, enclosed is the best way to move your automobile.
Your customer service representative will help you with all of your shipping needs from the initial paperwork to the schedule of your automobile being picked up and delivered to you in the city. While you will need to be present during the customs check, the representative can make arrangements to have the car delivered once clearance has been achieved so you will be free to meet the driver at your location and not have to worry about driving yourself if you don’t have the time due to work, school or other personal obligations.
Now that you know a little about how the process goes with arranging your motor vehicle for shipment, you also need to know about customs rules that are required when shipping a car to Santiago de los Caballero. You must follow these rules stringently to assure that your motor vehicle will be able to pass the clearance check when it arrives. The Dominican Republic has some very strict rules when it comes to importing motor vehicles. First, no luxury cars are allowed in the country and all cars must have an engine size of six cylinders or lower. No large high capacity engines will be allowed for import. Another important thing to note is that you have to own your car for at least one year before you import to the city. You can’t just buy a new car and import immediately. You can only bring one car into the country with you and you are required to be present when it goes through clearance. Legal documents are a must when importing a motor vehicle. Some of the required documents will be:
- Your Driver’s License.
- Car Title and Registration.
- Commercial Invoice or Sales Receipt.
- Stamped Consular Invoice from the Dominican republic.
Your auto transport customer service representative will be able to let you know what documents you will need for customs as well as inform you on the amounts you will need to pay for import duties and automobile taxes when you reach customs. If you would like information on possible travel advisories or export/import information for the United States, you can check with U.S. Customs for in depth information on all topics related to importing your automobile to Santiago de los Caballero. Another great source of information when traveling or relocating to the city is the Embassy of the Dominican Republic. You will be able to access information from them on local customs and laws, motor vehicle regulations and economic information for Santiago de los Caballeros.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?