Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Pretoria
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Pretoria is a town in Gauteng Province within South Africa. It is situated in the northern part of the country and is one of three capital cities.
A bustling city, Pretoria is the hub of education and business. If you are moving here for any reasons, don’t forget to import your vehicle for ease of commuting.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import Regulations in South Africa.
You would have to abide by strict legal regulations of the customs and as well of the auto transport company when shipping by A1 Auto Transport service, as they understand the requirements of South Africa. When you hire us to take care of the process, you would have to provide certain documentation prior to the shipping. These include:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number.
- Vehicle’s Title.
- Certificate of Insurance.
- Power of attorney if you won’t be present to pick your car up.
We are going to make sure that everything with the process goes as intended. Our experienced international shipping company is going to inform you about the different methods, paperwork which you would need to fill as well as the preparation process. Depending on the type of shipping, we would also tell you whether or not you can send other items with the car. If you want us to pick up your car from your home and deliver it to your location at Pretoria, there are going to be extra charges. However, the whole process of shipping becomes hassle-free. If you need any further information, you can contact the U.S. Customs.
Pretoria is a city which has implemented strict regulations on the import of vehicles and some of the specifications on it include:
- Only right-handed driving cars are permitted.
- One car per family or individual is allowed.
- Returning citizens have to pay the full taxes to the customs.
- Immigrants are not allowed to sell the vehicle in the next 2 years.
- Temporary residents are also required to pay full taxes and they must present a temporary import permit.
- The diplomats of foreign countries are exempt from taxes but they have to provide the certificate of diplomacy.
- An Import Permit is provided by the Embassy of South Africa, so you have to take care of this prior to the process.
On top of that, you are also required to provide the officials with the following documentation once the car reaches the clearance checkpoint in South africa:
- Temporary License.
- Permit for import.
- Bill of Sale.
- Title of the car.
- Original Registration.
- A 304A as well as P1.160 forms in three copies.
You can contact the South African Embassy in the Washington, DC if you have any further questions.
You are going to have several ways to get your car shipped to Port Elizabeth, the main port of South Africa. If you want to transport other household items with your car you will need to choose Container shipping. Make sure to get the price quote as well as other details such as the pick-up and delivery dates as well as any other fees, prior to the shipping. However, these are the methods that you can go for when shipping a car to Port Elizabeth:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off Shipping requires your car to be driven onto the deck of the carrier ship where it’s going to be securely harnessed in the parking bay. Once it arrives at the Port Elizabeth, it’s going to be driven off. You are not allowed to ship any personal items with the vehicles. This is the most preferred and cheapest way to get your car shipped overseas.
- Container Shipping on the other hand is the best method if you have any other household goods or personal belongings that you want shipped. It is going to cost a bit more but it would allow you to easily transfer all of your household goods conveniently.