Port-of-Spain is the capital of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. It is the third largest city in Trinidad, with Chaguanas and San Fernando being the first and second. Port of Spain is situated near the Gulf of Paria which is northwest of the Island of Trinidad. It is the larger suburban area that extends along Chaguaras and Arima.
If you are moving to Trinidad for the first time or returning after living abroad, you will appreciate bringing your own vehicle with you while you are there. The trade relationship between the United States and Trinidad is in good standing, however, there are shipping rules and regulations from both ports that must be followed. You will need to hire the professional for importing – A1 Auto Transport. With their experience and extensive knowledge of importing, there is no reason why you would look any further than A1 Auto Transport Service. Shipping globally can be tricky without the right information and that’s why it’s important to have a company with experience working for you. In order to stay up-to-date on the shipping regulations for Trinidad, you can contact the Customs and Excise Division of Trinidad.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will need to submit an application that will include all of your import permits as well as the documentation that is required in order to ship your vehicle. A1 Auto Transport service is aware of the procedure in effect for importing so you won’t be delayed by new procedures you were not aware of. If you are a returning citizen of Trinidad, there are many benefits to returning including duty free importing but you will need to provide the proper documentation to be exempt. The documentation you will need includes:
- Customs bond.
- Driver’s License.
- Cash deposits/ fees paid.
- Work permit.
- Residence visa.
- Vehicle inventory list.
- Import license.
- Proof that you have been staying abroad.
You will also need to submit any documents when you import your vehicle to Trinidad. You can contact the customs department in order to verify all information and determine what documents will work and what documents will not.
Vehicles Regulations in Trinidad.
You will need to be the owner of your vehicle for a minimum of six months prior to importing it. You will need to submit the information providing proof of ownership. In addition, you will also need to:
- Make payment of all taxes, duties, and VAT.
- Be present when your vehicle arrives to port.
- Agree that you cannot sell your vehicle for up to 24 months of your importing date.
- Import your vehicle within a two month period of arriving in San Fernando.
- Allow for extensive inspections when choosing container shipping.
- Provide proof that you have been staying abroad for a minimum of five years if returning to Trinidad if you want to take advantage of the duty free exemption.
We know the procedures of importing cars to Trinidad and it’s important that you take advantage of their knowledge once you decide to hire them. You can obtain a free quote once you hire A1 Auto Transport, which will include everything that involves your import. These quotes are researched thoroughly in order to provide you with a close estimate of what it will cost you to ship your vehicle. You will need to determine which shipping method is right for you before your free quote can be issued. You can choose from air shipping, container shipping, or Roll On/ Roll Off shipping however, air shipping is rarely chosen since it is the most expensive.
When considering the right shipping method, most people will choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping because it is the most affordable. Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship so you will need to leave just enough fuel to handle this drive and the drive off the ship once the freight reaches the port. Container shipping is a more expensive method of shipping but, it provides a higher level of protection for your vehicle by sealing up the container so placing personal items inside the container is certainly an option, unlike the Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?