Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From Nicaragua.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For standard sized vehicles, it costs from $1,300 to $3,500 to ship a car to Nicaragua from the U.S. Vehicle imports in
- Nicaragua are subject to a consumption tax based on the engine displacement of the vehicle with larger engines taxed at a higher rate.
Most shipments to Nicaragua leave the United States by one of three ports, Gulfport, Miami, or Port Everglades. The methods of shipment will either be the door-to-port (the vehicle is picked up right at your home and delivered to the port of destination), or port-to-port (you drive the vehicle to one of the exit ports in the United States before it ships). When it is shipped, the vehicle can be put in an exclusive container (the most expensive option), a shared container (slightly less expensive), or shipped via RORO, which stands for ‘roll-on/roll-off’, and means your car will be driven on and off the ship under its own power, and will most likely be exposed to the elements during transport.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Costs For Shipping A Car To Nicaragua.
The shipping considerations mentioned above are big factors in the overall cost of shipping your vehicle to Nicaragua, but they are not the only factors. There are a few additional things that will affect the cost of transporting your vehicle, such as the amount of insurance you want to carry for the duration of the shipment (if any), and the size of your vehicle. For shipping transport, the length of your car is more important than its weight, because it is the length that determines how much space it takes up. There are also certain to be import taxes, inspection costs, and any other port-imposed tariffs which Nicaraguan Customs decides to levy. The Nicaraguan Treasury Department also retains the right to levy taxes on your vehicle, and these cannot always be anticipated. Your shipping carrier will probably be aware of most of these, and can help you plan for them ahead of time.
When you have decided on your shipping method and you have factored in the extra costs, your shipping carrier should be able to give you a fairly accurate quote for the entire operation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Nicaragua permits either used or new vehicles to be imported unless the vehicle is over ten years old – in such cases, it cannot be imported unless it is designated a classic. In any case, assigned taxes will be based on the car’s value and model.
When going through Nicaraguan Customs, it is best to have the car prepared in the manner that Customs officials prefer:
- Cleaned inside and out.
- Gas tank is ¼ full.
- No leaking fluids.
- Anti-theft devices and alarms disabled.
- No loose parts, no openings or tears.
The paperwork required at both the origin and destination ports can usually be handled by your shipper, and the shipper will advise you on whatever documentation you must submit. To avoid hassles in either the U.S. or Nicaragua, you should be aware of these issues as well.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Nicaragua.
- Documentation. You’ll need copies of your driver’s license, passport, and some form of proof of ownership – these will be required by Nicaraguan Customs.
- Certification by the Nicaraguan Consulate within the U.S.
- Commercial purchase agreement or invoice.
- Original Bill of Lading.
- Your vehicle must be eligible to be shipped to another country. The exact laws governing eligibility are listed in Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, but in general, refer to the documentation requirements and rules regarding lienholder permission.
- Certificate filed with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This is one of those areas that may be handled by your shipper, but be sure and confirm this. Documentation must be submitted to this agency at least 72 hours before the vehicle can be exported, and it is advisable to allow even more time.
- Original title (from U.S.)
- Registration. Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Nicaragua.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How do I prepare the car for shipping out of Florida to Nicaragua?
- The cost to ship a car to Nicaragua from the US is cheap
- What you must do to fulfill your part of the shipping process to get your car from Miami to Nicaragua successfully
- Prepare your car for its transport to Nicaragua
- Facts to learn about transport companies before shipping a car from the USA to Nicaragua
- Ship a car to Nicaragua using container shipping services