Shipping a vehicle to Mexicali is not too difficult. Mexico has simple policies when it comes to vehicle shipment. As long as all of the requirements are adhered to, then vehicle shipment shouldn’t be hard to accomplish.
As the capital of Baja California, Mexicali has a population of about 700,000 people. It is very modernized for a desert region in Mexico. The city has become known for agriculture and maquiladoras, such as Nestle and Coca Cola. Employment is easy to find in the city and many come to reside here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Is Needed for Vehicle Shipment.
There are specific requirements that will need to be fulfilled prior to vehicle shipment. Mexico has lenient policies so it will be easy to get it all figured out. Below, you will find a list of all current policies, but it is in a person’s best interests to contact the Embassy of Mexico for the most up-to-date policies in case they have changed.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- Passport, license, picture ID, registered voter’s license, visa – any of these two forms will do.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been manufactured in Canada or the U.S.
The Methods of Vehicle Shipment Available.
There are a few ways one can choose from to have a vehicle shipped over to the city of Mexicali. These methods all differ greatly. Select the method that best suits your needs and your budget.
Air Shipping: Air shipping is the most expensive form of vehicle shipment. This requires that the vehicle be sent to Juarez by plane and it is typically so pricey that not many people are able to afford it.
Container Shipping: Container shipping is when the vehicle is put into a large container, then placed on a ship. The vehicle and the container can be filled with other possessions allowed by Mexican Customs. The container can be shared with another individual which will help to ease the cost.
RO/RO Shipping: RO/RO shipping is the least expensive method of vehicle shipment. The vehicle is simply rolled onto and off of the ship. The automobile cannot be filled with any belongings except for a spare tire, a car jack and floor mats. The RO/RO shipping method is not accepted by all ports. Make sure that the port your vehicle will arrive at is nearby because you will need to be present when the vehicle arrives. Ports will not hold a vehicle for the owner.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory