Shipping A Car To Jordan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Jordan from the United States, costs start around $3,200 for smaller vehicles and go up to $5,900 to for larger ones.
- There are also additional costs associated with import taxes and registration once the car arrives in Jordan.
Information you should know when exporting your car to Jordan from the U.S.
The city of Aqaba, Jordan does not lie on the shore of a great body of water like an ocean, yet it is still considered the biggest port city in the country. It must be accessed by ocean-going vessels via the Mediterranean Sea, through the Gulf of Suez, and on into the Gulf of Aqaba. In order to have your vehicle transported there, the number one consideration should be to contract with a shipping company familiar with the rules and regulations of international shipping with the country of Jordan. Relations with the United States are often strained, so Jordanian Customs and import officials have no reason to look kindly on American imports, and it helps to be represented by a company they have come to know and trust.
A favored way of shipping your vehicle to Jordan would be by RORO, which stands for Roll-on/Roll-off, and refers to vehicles being driven on and off the ship at departure and arrival ports. This is usually the less expensive way to ship a vehicle because you are charged only for the space the vehicle occupies. Container shipping, which is the alternative to RORO, involves transporting your vehicle in an enclosed container that’s either 20-ft long or 40-ft long, depending on requirements.
To get your vehicle to the port of departure, you must decide whether you must have the car picked up at your residence, or if you will drive it to the departure port yourself. Obviously, the pickup service at your door would be the more expensive service.
The manner in which you have your vehicle shipped will also influence shipping time, since the shipping schedule is more or less fixed, and only a certain number of RORO shipments, for instance, will depart a port bound for Jordan in a given month.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Regulations have recently changed regarding the import of vehicles into the country of Jordan, and used vehicles cannot be cleared directly through the Port Authority at Aqaba. Only new vehicles with zero miles on the odometer may be cleared through Aqaba – all others are considered used, and must be cleared through the Zaraqa Free Zone by the Bureau Veritas. Any vehicle not passing standard emissions tests must be modified in order to pass those standard tests. Once the vehicle does pass these standards, the customs and import taxes will be levied, and then the car will be cleared for pickup by the owner.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jordan
- Contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to notify them of your intent – they will require documentation from you to certify that the vehicle can legally be transported.
- Be prepared with driver’s license as proof of your identity.
- Have on hand the original bill of sale and the title of the vehicle to establish your ownership legally.
- Contact Bureau Veritas Jordan to find out current environmental standards which must be passed by your vehicle upon entry to the country. If your chosen transport company is aware of these standards, then ask to be advised of them so that you can prepare the car and avoid a long delay in Jordan.
- Bill of lading
- Temporary entry permit
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory