- Car Shipping Jordan
- Shipping A Car To Jordan
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Jordan
- Information You Should Know When Exporting Your Car To Jordan From The U.s
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Shipping Requirements
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jordan
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Jordan
- Types Of Oversized Cargo And Heavy Equipment We Can Ship
- Our International Shipping Solutions Heavy Equipment And Oversized Cargo Transports
- Other Services
- Related Information
Car Shipping Jordan
Shipping A Car To Jordan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Jordan from the United States, costs start around $3,200 for smaller vehicles and go up to $5,900 to for larger ones.
- There are also additional costs associated with import taxes and registration once the car arrives in Jordan.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Jordan
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Aqaba||$200||$2,500||5+50|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Aqaba||$400||$2,200||5+28|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Aqaba||$475||$2,500||6+50|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Aqaba||$550||$2,500||6+50|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Aqaba||$575||$2,200||6+28|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Aqaba||$700||$2,200||6+28|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Aqaba||$775||$2,500||7+50|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Aqaba||$925||$2,200||7+28|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Aqaba||5+28||$2,200||5+28|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Aqaba||$1,025||$2,500||7+50|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Information you should know when exporting your car to Jordan from the U.S.
The city of Aqaba, Jordan does not lie on the shore of a great body of water like an ocean, yet it is still considered the biggest port city in the country. It must be accessed by ocean-going vessels via the Mediterranean Sea, through the Gulf of Suez, and on into the Gulf of Aqaba. In order to have your vehicle transported there, the number one consideration should be to contract with a shipping company familiar with the rules and regulations of international shipping with the country of Jordan. Relations with the United States are often strained, so Jordanian Customs and import officials have no reason to look kindly on American imports, and it helps to be represented by a company they have come to know and trust.
A favored way of shipping your vehicle to Jordan would be by RORO, which stands for Roll-on/Roll-off, and refers to vehicles being driven on and off the ship at departure and arrival ports. This is usually the less expensive way to ship a vehicle because you are charged only for the space the vehicle occupies. Container shipping, which is the alternative to RORO, involves transporting your vehicle in an enclosed container that’s either 20-ft long or 40-ft long, depending on requirements.
To get your vehicle to the port of departure, you must decide whether you must have the car picked up at your residence, or if you will drive it to the departure port yourself. Obviously, the pickup service at your door would be the more expensive service.
The manner in which you have your vehicle shipped will also influence shipping time, since the shipping schedule is more or less fixed, and only a certain number of RORO shipments, for instance, will depart a port bound for Jordan in a given month.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Popular Shipping Destinations
Regulations have recently changed regarding the import of vehicles into the country of Jordan, and used vehicles cannot be cleared directly through the Port Authority at Aqaba. Only new vehicles with zero miles on the odometer may be cleared through Aqaba - all others are considered used, and must be cleared through the Zaraqa Free Zone by the Bureau Veritas. Any vehicle not passing standard emissions tests must be modified in order to pass those standard tests. Once the vehicle does pass these standards, the customs and import taxes will be levied, and then the car will be cleared for pickup by the owner.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jordan
- Contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to notify them of your intent – they will require documentation from you to certify that the vehicle can legally be transported.
- Be prepared with driver’s license as proof of your identity.
- Have on hand the original bill of sale and the title of the vehicle to establish your ownership legally.
- If you want to know what the current environmental criteria are that your car must satisfy in order to enter Jordan you may do so by contacting Bureau Veritas Jordan. In order to prevent a lengthy delay in Jordan you should inquire with the transport company of your choice as to whether or not they are aware of these requirements.
- Bill of lading
- Temporary entry permit.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Jordan
The easiest way to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo from the U.S.A. to Jordan is by hiring a longstanding, experienced transport company. At A1 Auto Transport we’ve been helping our customers ship their vehicles, oversized cargo, heavy equipment, and household goods nationally and internationally for nearly 30 years. With our relationships and connections, we have access to the most trustworthy transport equipment and the latest shipping technology. On top of having all the necessities, our transport specialists are familiar with the compliance of foreign import policies. Ths knowledge and education makes it easier for us to help you ship all kinds of heavy equipment or oversized cargo anywhere in the world.
Types of Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment We Can Ship
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Pontoon Boats
- Log Loaders
- Pneumatic Rollers
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Heavy Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Trenchers and more…
Our International Shipping Solutions Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
Overall we have four different transport methods for those trying to ship cargo internationally. However, the type of cargo you need to ship to Jordan will determine which of these four methods you are able to use. Our trained representatives will go over all your options with you after you provide them with a little information, but to give you a clear vision of each of our shipping methods, here is a little information…
- Container Shipping is the most secure overseas transport method since it shields your cargo within metal walls and a ceiling. Your heavy equipment must fit into a 40ft shipping container to use this method.
- Flat Rack Shipping is open air service that includes securing your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the boat.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping is the most inexpensive yet cost efficient open air shipping option. Your large or heavy vehicle or piece of equipment must be driven or rolled onto and off of the ship.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping is an open air method recommended for those with inoperable vehicles or crated cargo.
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Jordan?
- Select the right transport company to ship a car from the USA to Jordan
- How can I find out how much it costs to ship a car to Jordan?
- Is it worth the cost of shipping a car to Jordan through professionals?
- Import vehicle into USA from Jordan
Frequently Asked Questions
No. There are bilateral agreements in place with both governments that make it easy for a shipping company to perform the requisite clearing to get a vehicle from one place to the other. It may be much more difficult for a person to try a DIY method of shipping their vehicle across, however.
On average, you may be looking at $3,200 for small vehicles and up to $5,900 for larger vehicles. These costs are solely for shipping but don't cover expenses that may accrue once the vehicle makes landfall in the country. Local legislation applies to imported vehicles that may increase the costs.
As with most international vehicle shipping, you have access to two methods of shipping:
Open-air or roll-on-roll-off shipping is more affordable, but it requires the vehicle to be in proper working order to be driven on and off the ship. The vehicle is usually left open to the elements, so damage may occur.
Container shipping encloses the vehicle inside a container to lower its exposure and ensure that it doesn't get damaged from the elements. However, it may cost significantly more than open-air shipping.
Jordan is a country that does not look kindly on US foreign relations. As a person bringing a vehicle to the country from there, you'll be subject to a lot of scrutiny. A1 Transport has experience dealing with customs officials in these countries, so choosing us as your shipping broker will give you an edge in getting your vehicle into the country with a minimum of hassle.
Unlike most other countries, Jordan's port of Aqaba isn't on an open ocean. Instead, shipments need to pass through the Suez Canal into the Gulf of Aqaba on the Mediterranean Sea.
We offer the service for clients who are too busy to drop their vehicles off at the terminal for shipping. We can arrange to have a driver pick up your vehicle and take it to the port for loading on your instructions. Alternatively, you can drive the vehicle there yourself and liaise with our office to receive the vehicle.
To leave the United States, you will need to have your license, registration, and vehicle ownership verified. You will also need copies of your ownership record for your vehicle to gain entry into Jordan. As a matter of legal concern, we do not ship vehicles that lack these documents.
Unfortunately, destinations like Jordan can be unpredictable about their customs officials' demands from one trip to another. We try to cover all bases, but there may still be complications, regardless of the shipping company you choose. Luckily, we have experience dealing with these hiccups and can manage to smooth them out every time, ensuring your vehicle makes it to you.
Yes. The Bureau Veritas Jordan deals with incoming vehicles and their emissions. Call them to get details on what emissions levels and environmental standards are expected from imported vehicles to ensure that yours follows regulations.
A few of our clients are companies that import vehicles from the US for commercial and industrial use. Unlike civilian vehicles, these may require additional consideration when they're being shipped. Details like the weight and size of the vehicle, as well as its intended use within the country, would need to be specified. The most efficient way to get these vehicles into the Jordanian border would be to hire a skilled, professional shipping company like A1 Transport that has been doing this for years. Call us today for a quote!
We offer both container shipping and roll-on-roll-off shipping for industrial and commercial vehicles. However, we also provide two more options for these massive vehicles:
- Flat-rack shipping: This is an open-air shipping method that sees the vehicle strapped to a metal frame for stability during transit.
- Lift-on-lift-off: This shipping method is best used with vehicles that don't operate under their own power or can't drive to their destination. It is also valuable for crated cargo, such as vehicles that need assembly at the destination.
The shipping logistics means that the longer the lead time we have when dealing with a client, the more comfortable we are quoting a price and giving estimated arrival times. The shorter the window, the more expensive it's likely to cost since we'll have to figure out shipping details on transports that may have limited space and availability.
Ideally, you should have less than a quarter-tank of gas in the vehicle. It will be parked for the length of the journey, and you may need to have the car ready to drive off (in a roll-on-roll-off shipment), but as little gas as possible should be in the vehicle since it won't be going anywhere once loaded onto the ship.
Depending on your point of origin, shipping will take between 34 and 57 days. In addition to the shipping time, Jordanian customs will usually take an additional ten (10) days to verify documents. Once they've done so, your vehicle will be released for use.
Most shipping companies cover their clients' vehicles in transit through basic insurance. Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't cover items placed within the vehicle, so it's in your best interests to unload all items within the vehicle before shipping. We offer additional coverage for specific events. Talk to our customer service representatives to learn more.