Shipping A Car To Jordan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Jordan from the United States, costs start around $3,200 for smaller vehicles and go up to $5,900 to for larger ones.
- There are also additional costs associated with import taxes and registration once the car arrives in Jordan.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Jordan
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Aqaba||$200||$2,500||5+50|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Aqaba||$400||$2,200||5+28|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Aqaba||$475||$2,500||6+50|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Aqaba||$550||$2,500||6+50|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Aqaba||$575||$2,200||6+28|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Aqaba||$700||$2,200||6+28|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Aqaba||$775||$2,500||7+50|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Aqaba||$925||$2,200||7+28|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Aqaba||5+28||$2,200||5+28|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Aqaba||$1,025||$2,500||7+50|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Information you should know when exporting your car to Jordan from the U.S.
The city of Aqaba, Jordan does not lie on the shore of a great body of water like an ocean, yet it is still considered the biggest port city in the country. It must be accessed by ocean-going vessels via the Mediterranean Sea, through the Gulf of Suez, and on into the Gulf of Aqaba. In order to have your vehicle transported there, the number one consideration should be to contract with a shipping company familiar with the rules and regulations of international shipping with the country of Jordan. Relations with the United States are often strained, so Jordanian Customs and import officials have no reason to look kindly on American imports, and it helps to be represented by a company they have come to know and trust.
A favored way of shipping your vehicle to Jordan would be by RORO, which stands for Roll-on/Roll-off, and refers to vehicles being driven on and off the ship at departure and arrival ports. This is usually the less expensive way to ship a vehicle because you are charged only for the space the vehicle occupies. Container shipping, which is the alternative to RORO, involves transporting your vehicle in an enclosed container that’s either 20-ft long or 40-ft long, depending on requirements.
To get your vehicle to the port of departure, you must decide whether you must have the car picked up at your residence, or if you will drive it to the departure port yourself. Obviously, the pickup service at your door would be the more expensive service.
The manner in which you have your vehicle shipped will also influence shipping time, since the shipping schedule is more or less fixed, and only a certain number of RORO shipments, for instance, will depart a port bound for Jordan in a given month.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Regulations have recently changed regarding the import of vehicles into the country of Jordan, and used vehicles cannot be cleared directly through the Port Authority at Aqaba. Only new vehicles with zero miles on the odometer may be cleared through Aqaba - all others are considered used, and must be cleared through the Zaraqa Free Zone by the Bureau Veritas. Any vehicle not passing standard emissions tests must be modified in order to pass those standard tests. Once the vehicle does pass these standards, the customs and import taxes will be levied, and then the car will be cleared for pickup by the owner.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jordan
- Contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to notify them of your intent – they will require documentation from you to certify that the vehicle can legally be transported.
- Be prepared with driver’s license as proof of your identity.
- Have on hand the original bill of sale and the title of the vehicle to establish your ownership legally.
- Contact Bureau Veritas Jordan to find out current environmental standards which must be passed by your vehicle upon entry to the country. If your chosen transport company is aware of these standards, then ask to be advised of them so that you can prepare the car and avoid a long delay in Jordan.
- Bill of lading
- Temporary entry permit.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Jordan
The easiest way to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo from the U.S.A. to Jordan is by hiring a longstanding, experienced transport company. At A1 Auto Transport we’ve been helping our customers ship their vehicles, oversized cargo, heavy equipment, and household goods nationally and internationally for nearly 30 years. With our relationships and connections, we have access to the most trustworthy transport equipment and the latest shipping technology. On top of having all the necessities, our transport specialists are familiar with the compliance of foreign import policies. Ths knowledge and education makes it easier for us to help you ship all kinds of heavy equipment or oversized cargo anywhere in the world.
Types of Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment We Can Ship
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Pontoon Boats
- Log Loaders
- Pneumatic Rollers
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Heavy Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Trenchers and more…
Our International Shipping Solutions Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
Overall we have four different transport methods for those trying to ship cargo internationally. However, the type of cargo you need to ship to Jordan will determine which of these four methods you are able to use. Our trained representatives will go over all your options with you after you provide them with a little information, but to give you a clear vision of each of our shipping methods, here is a little information…
- Container Shipping is the most secure overseas transport method since it shields your cargo within within metal walls and a ceiling. Your heavy equipment must fit into a 40ft shipping container to use this method.
- Flat Rack Shipping is open air service that includes securing your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the boat.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping is the most inexpensive yet cost efficient open air shipping option. Your large or heavy vehicle or piece of equipment must be driven or rolled onto and off of the ship.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping is an open air method recommended for those with inoperable vehicles or crated cargo.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Jordan?
- Select the right transport company to ship a car from the USA to Jordan
- How can I find out how much it costs to ship a car to Jordan?
- Is it worth the cost of shipping a car to Jordan through professionals?
- Import vehicle into USA from Jordan
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.