Iquitos is the capital city of Peru’s Maynas Province and Loreto region. It is known for being the “Capital of the Peruvian Amazon” and it ranks as the sixth largest city in Peru. Iquitos is located in the Great Plains of the Amazon Basin which is surrounded by the Amazon as well as the Nanay River and the Itaya River.
When you are considering importing your vehicle to this city, you will need to hire a shipping service that will assist you with every step. A1 Auto Transport Service is in the business to do just that and will assist you at every step of your importing project. With A1 Auto Transport Service, your vehicle will export from the United States and import in Peru on schedule.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation Needed to Import to Peru.
Before you begin importing, you will need to provide some documentation first. This is important for the verification of the vehicle and the owner at the National Customs Superintendency of Peru . You will need to fill out a Unique Customs Declaration form and provide the following documentation:
- Proof of vehicle identification number.
- Bill of Lading.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Type – Approved Number.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Insurance policy.
There are a few rules and regulations you should also know about that could restrict your import:
- No cars older than 5-years old can be imported or with more than 50,000 miles.
- You will be required to pay 10% tax on new vehicles and 30% tax on older vehicles.
- You will be required to pay 0% to 11% import duty to Peru ( 5.78% is average).
- VAT is levied on all imports with the standard rate of 16% on the value of the vehicle, the duty paid, and the excise and tariff charges.
- Excise is only charged on some products at a rate of 0% to 50% of the value of the vehicle and the duty paid.
- Cannot be damaged or in any major accident.
- Must have the right-hand drive.
- The car has to pass the emission test before it can be shipped.
Since it’s not possible to drive from the United States to Peru, importing it through sea-faring cargo ships may be the only way to get your vehicle there. A1 Auto Transport can put their 25 years of expertise to work for you in shipping your vehicle to Peru.
You will need to prepare your vehicle for importing. In order to do that, you need to steam clean your vehicle first. This will prevent it from being quarantined and keep your import process on time. If you don’t, your vehicle will most likely go into quarantine and then be sent to a cleaning facility so they can steam clean it. Not only will these extra steps take more time but you will be charged for the cleaning as well. You can view the procedure for importing before you begin. You will also need to drain the air conditioning gasses from your vehicle. You can refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations for further information.
Freight Shipping Methods.
You can choose from two different shipping methods; Roll On/ Roll Off and container. With Roll On/ Roll Off shipping, your vehicle will be driven onto the ships deck and then parked in a bay where it will be fastened down to avoid any complications. Most people will choose this method of shipping because it is the most affordable way of shipping. It is the best and quickest way to ship a vehicle. The ship comes equipped with ramps to assist you in driving the vehicle up on the deck.
Another form of shipping is the container shipping. This method of shipping allows you to drive your vehicle inside either a 20 foot or 40 foot container. Then the remainder of the container can be filled up with your household goods. You can use the additional space for other luggage you want to bring on your trip or move. You can even share a container with someone to split the cost if you have the additional room.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?