When you relocate to Hyderabad you may need to ship your car so you’ll have the ease of driving on your own without having to hire a driver. In order to have your car shipped internationally, you will have to hire an international auto transport company and then decide what type of shipping you will use. You will need also need to determine whether you need to have your car picked up in the United States and driven to the nearest port, or if you will be driving it to the port yourself. Shipping a car overseas is not the same as having it shipped state to state in the U.S. There are required documents and regulations you must abide by, and paperwork that will need to be filled out. Your auto shipping agent will be able to help you with each step of the international shipping process and will fully explain to you all of the paperwork and documents necessary for car shipping. The shipping agent will need your driver’s license, social security number, title to your car, signed Power of Attorney, and proof of insurance prior to shipping.
While your transport agent will be able to help you with the necessary documents and paperwork, there are specific Motor Vehicle Regulations that are mandatory per Indian customs laws. The following are regulations that are required for importing your vehicle to Hyderabad:
- Once your car arrives in Hyderabad, you are required by Indian law to pick it up within 15 days if it is flown in and 30 days if it is shipped by sea
- You must pay duty fees unless you have Diplomatic status and have had the fees exempted by the Indian Ministry of Affairs
- All imported cars must have the steering wheel on the right
- If your car is new, it must be imported only from the country of origin (If you have an American made car it must ship from the U.S., if you have a European made car it must ship from the European country of origin)
- Cars must be within four years old from the date of the import
For complete information on regulations that you will need to know about importing your car into Hyderabad, you can contact the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
You will also need to provide customs agents with the following important documents upon arrival in Hyderabad:
- Original Bill of Sale
- Import License
- Car Insurance Policy
- Car Title and Registration
- Bill of Lading (BL)
- Duty Exemption Certificate if you have gotten one from the Ministry
You may also be interested in learning about the weather patterns of Hyderabad so you will know which months are best for travel throughout the city. You can also check out the City Hyderabad Website for interesting facts about the city.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to Shipping
Prior to shipping your car make sure you have a finalized quote from your shipping agent that includes the total cost of shipping, pick-up and delivery and any fees they may have for cleaning the vehicle. Most international shipping companies will require you to have the car cleaned thoroughly for shipping by removing all personal items from the interior of the vehicle. There may also be exterior items that will need to be removed prior to shipping as well and your agent will determine if anything will need to be brought to your attention. If you will need to have the vehicle picked up and delivered to the exit port or picked up at the entry port in Hyderabad you will need to make arrangements with the transport agency to have that added onto your shipping fees. Keep in mind that even if you need transport for your car once it reaches Hyderabad you will need to be physically present when the car is unloaded and as it goes through customs for clearance. Once it has been cleared, you will be able to have it transported to your location.
How to Ship to Hyderabad
There are three ways that you can have your car shipped to Hyderabad. The methods of international transport are as follows:
Roll-On Roll-Off (Ro-Ro) Ro-Ro shipping is the easiest and most efficient way to ship a vehicle overseas. Ro-Ro Shipping simply means that your vehicle will be driven aboard the ship at the port of exit and then driven off at the exit port. The vehicle is secured on the deck of the ship by straps or brackets and by wooden feet to ensure safety from rolling. Ro-Ro Shipping is the preferred way to transport all motor vehicles internationally.
Container Shipping– Container Shipping is great for those who need to ship personal items along with their vehicle. For a single car, you would normally use a 20-foot container and for 2 cars you would need a 40-foot container. If you have one car but need the extra space for personal items as well, a 40-foot container is advised. You may also be able to share a container with other people who may be shipping their car to the same destination
Air Cargo Shipping– If you have a classic or luxury car that you want to arrive quickly, then shipping by air is the best
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory