The fourth largest city in New Zealand, Hamilton is the center of Waikato region located on the North Island. Transporting your vehicle from USA to New Zealand requires adherence to multiple procedures, but when you work with the right international shipping service, it becomes seamless.
With the help of New Zealand Customs Service, you will be able to receive vast information about the transportation procedure, as mentioned in New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In case, you are planning to move in Hamilton, New Zealand on temporary basis, or as a returning citizen, or want to reside here with residency permit, having your own car helps. It is essential that the vehicle has been allocated the certificate by NZTA-approved certifier. This is a certificate that ensures that the vehicle qualifies with the vehicle standards in New Zealand, adhering to type and age of the vehicle. The inspection by competent authorities is mandatory, based on various things:
- Vehicle should match up with the minimal frontal impact standardization.
- Your vehicle must have proficient working odometer.
The importer holds the entire responsibility get the certification, before the vehicle is registered. For detailed information, you can check with the New Zealand Transport Agency. New Zealand does not have applicable tariff on imported vehicles for own use and that is why it is cheaper to import your vehicle here.
Well, this rule is not implied on motorhomes, as the owners have to pay a custom duty of 10%. The vehicles, which are evaluated as priced than $1000, the owner might have to pay a minimal entry transaction fee of only $30. Another $17 is paid for biosecurity system entrance fee.
When you are importing a vehicle to Hamilton, as per laws in New Zealand, there are Goods and Service Tax (GST) depending on vehicle’s value, freight charges and insurance on the vehicle. Currently, there is a 15% of GST can be charged, if you are moving here permanently. Some of the documents needed include:
- Returning residential visa or permit.
- Valid NZ residence visa or permit.
- Australian passport/NZ passports.
- Valid NZ work permit or visa.
- Current NZ visitor visa or permit.
After vehicle enters Hamilton, Ministry of Primary Industries will inspect the vehicle and after it clears it, the Customs clearances will be required. There are two methods of shipping your vehicle to Hamilton, RORO and container shipping. These offer safe transit and faster deliveries. To make sure that all procedures are legal and validated by the government agencies, copies of additional documents required include:
- Commercial invoice with date of purchase and amount paid.
- Title deed.
- registration documents.
- Bill of lading.
- Odometer reading.
- Insurance invoice, followed by the freight cost.
As there is no applicable tariff, the cost of importing your vehicle is always less when compared with transporting your vehicle to any other country. You have to work with AI Auto Transport service as we offer you with smooth delivery and transit. For more details, you can visit the official page of New Zealand Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?