- Car Shipping Guyana
- Ship Your Car To Or From Guyana
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Guyana
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guyana
- Typical Methods Of Shipping A Vehicle Into Guyana
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Guyana
- Types Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
- Methods Of International Transport For Heavy Equipment
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Guyana
Ship Your Car To Or From Guyana
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of shipping costs to Guyana from the U.S. are from $1,000 to $3,800. T
- here’s a lot variance in the cost due to many factors that affect it; from time of year to shipping availability, to the customs procedures and fees involved in the process.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Guyana
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Georgetown||$275||$4,200||5+10|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Georgetown||$350||$3,700||5+19|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Georgetown||$400||$4,200||5+10|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Georgetown||$450||$3,700||5+19|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Georgetown||$475||$3,700||6+19|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Georgetown||$550||$3,700||6+19|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Georgetown||$550||$4,200||5+10|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Georgetown||$800||$4,200||6+10|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Georgetown||$925||$4,200||7+10|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Georgetown||$1,025||$3,700||7+19|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
As a sovereign state in South America, Guyana car importation from the United States is easier than one may think. A personal vehicle will come in handy to those going to Guyana for a prolonged stay or permanent residency.
As part of the Caribbean, Guyana is a very popular tourist attraction that many stay in for longer lengths of time. Some U.S. citizens purchase property to stay in, during the winter months. Regardless of the reason for the extended stay, a personal vehicle will allow for easy travel across the country as well as its surrounding regions.
Guyana is best known for its rainforest population and many travels here for study and work. Millions of dollars have been spent in an effort to preserve the country's magnificent forests and wildlife.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guyana
Luckily, vehicle importing into Guyana from the United States is more lenient than many other countries. Specific forms and documentation will be necessary and tariffs will need to be paid prior to shipment. Duties and taxes for Guyana importing is quite high, so be prepared for the costs.
- Title and original registration card.
- Proof of ownership.
- License and passport.
- Copy of duty-free letter from Secretary to the Treasury.
- Customs entry document.
- Certificate of insurance.
- Temporary insurance.
- Non-sale certificate.
The documentation required and other specifics are subject to change at any time. Contacting Customs will be a wise decision prior to the shipping of a vehicle.
Typical Methods of Shipping a Vehicle into Guyana
There are few methods of shipping a vehicle available, but two are certain to do the trick and less costly than other methods. Container and RO/RO shipping are the most popular choices.
- RO/RO shipping is the method of shipment that requires the vehicle to roll on and roll off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty with a few exceptions. This is the cheapest shipping method.
- Container shipping allows a person to select from a couple different sizes. The vehicle will be shipped within the container and the vehicle can be filled with belongings permissible by Guyana Customs. The container space not filled by the vehicle can also be filled with property. Two people can share the container which will help to reduce shipping costs.
Air shipment is another method of vehicle shipment. However, its high price is almost impossible for most to pay.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Guyana
Check out the services offered by A1 Auto Transport when you need to ship large, oversized or heavy equipment to another country. Our heavy equipment shipping services are available to those looking to ship nearly any type of equipment nationally or internationally. There’s not much we can’t ship and not many countries we have yet to ship to. So when it comes to delivering your oversized cargo to Guyana, we are sure we can help.
Types of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo We Can Ship Overseas
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Dump trucks
- Hydraulic equipment
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment & machinery
The shipping services for heavy equipment are priced at higher rates due to the higher risks involved with its delivery because of its larger size and weight. To see if your cargo is considered as oversized or heavy equipment, simply call in and describe your cargo to one of our representatives before receiving a free quote for shipping services.
Methods of International Transport for Heavy Equipment
The methods of international transport for oversized and heavy cargo available to you through A1 will depend on the type of heavy equipment you’d like to have shipped overseas. We will surely help you decide which method of transport is best for your cargo’s delivery to Guyana. However before you call in, we’d like to provide you with some information regarding the shipping services we have available…
- The Lift On/Lift Off or LoLo shipping service is a reasonably priced shipping service that requires the help of a crane. Your large inoperable vehicle or packed heavy equipment is lifted by crane to go on top of the boat.
- The Roll On/Roll Off or RoRo shipping method is the least expensive of all the overseas shipping services we offer. This open air shipping service requires your vehicle to be operable. The large equipment or vehicle will need to drive onto and off of the boat using a ramp.
- The Flat Rack shipping method is an open air service that secures your cargo to a metal frame before it boards the boat.
- Container shipping is slightly costlier yet it isn’t available to all those in need of shipping services. If your cargo can fit inside of a 40ft shipping container despite its heavy weight, than you may be able to use this method of transport. This is the safest shipping service available.