Ship Your Car To Or From Guyana
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of shipping costs to Guyana from the U.S. are from $1,000 to $3,800. T
- here’s a lot variance in the cost due to many factors that affect it; from time of year to shipping availability, to the customs procedures and fees involved in the process.
As a sovereign state in South America, Guyana car importation from the United States is easier than one may think. A personal vehicle will come in handy to those going to Guyana for a prolonged stay or permanent residency.
As part of the Caribbean, Guyana is a very popular tourist attraction that many stay in for longer lengths of time. Some U.S. citizens purchase property to stay in, during the winter months. Regardless of the reason for the extended stay, a personal vehicle will allow for easy travel across the country as well as its surrounding regions.
Guyana is best known for its rainforest population and many travels here for study and work. Millions of dollars have been spent in an effort to preserve the country’s magnificent forests and wildlife.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guyana
Luckily, vehicle importing into Guyana from the United States is more lenient than many other countries. Specific forms and documentation will be necessary and tariffs will need to be paid prior to shipment. Duties and taxes for Guyana importing is quite high, so be prepared for the costs.
- Title and original registration card
- Proof of ownership
- License and passport
- Copy of duty-free letter from Secretary to the Treasury
- Customs entry document
- Certificate of insurance
- Temporary insurance
- Non-sale certificate
The documentation required and other specifics are subject to change at any time. Contacting Customs will be a wise decision prior to the shipping of a vehicle.
Typical Methods of Shipping a Vehicle into Guyana
There are few methods of shipping a vehicle available, but two are certain to do the trick and less costly than other methods. Container and RO/RO shipping are the most popular choices.
- RO/RO shipping is the method of shipment that requires the vehicle to roll on and roll off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty with a few exceptions. This is the cheapest shipping method.
- Container shipping allows a person to select from a couple different sizes. The vehicle will be shipped within the container and the vehicle can be filled with belongings permissible by Guyana Customs. The container space not filled by the vehicle can also be filled with property. Two people can share the container which will help to reduce shipping costs.
Air shipment is another method of vehicle shipment. However, its high price is almost impossible for most to pay.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory