Exporting a Vehicle to Eritrea From The United States? Allow Us to Help!
Shipping A Car To Eritrea.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Eritrea is an area that is not exactly easy to get to for auto transporters and the cost of shipping a car there reflects that.
- You can expect costs from $3,200 to $7,200 when having a car delivered to Eritrea from the U.S.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Eritrea
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Massawa||$350||$2,400||5+48|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Massawa||$400||$3,500||5+26|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Massawa||$450||$2,400||5+48|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Massawa||$475||$2,400||6+48|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Massawa||$550||$2,400||6+48|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Massawa||$550||$3,500||5+26|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Massawa||$575||$3,500||6+26|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Massawa||$675||$3,500||6+26|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Massawa||$775||$2,400||7+48|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Massawa||$1,075||$3,500||7+26|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Eritrea is a small country about the size of the state of Indiana and it is located in Eastern Africa. Transportation is burdensome compared to that of the U.S. Public transit is accessible in the country, but it can be difficult for a foreigner to grasp. Consider transporting a personal vehicle to Eritrea if there for an extended length of time. This could become of great assistance while traveling the beautiful country.
There are two methods of exporting a car internationally and both are sufficient ways of doing so. RO/RO shipping or the roll on-roll off method is the cheapest, but container shipping has its share of benefits as well.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What are RO/RO and Container Shipping?
Container shipping is a method more costly than RO/RO shipping, but it allows the owner of the vehicle to ship other belongings overseas at the same time. A container can be split with another person which could help reduce costs. The vehicle inside the container may also be filled with possessions.
RO/RO shipping consists of rolling the vehicle on and off the ship. It is imperative that the vehicle is empty before transporting. Only floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire are allowed inside the vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Eritrea
When shipping a vehicle into Africa, there are many documents that need to be acquired. It is necessary to be prepared with all documentation in order to have your car imported.
- Second-hand vehicles will need a letter of authority from SABS.
- Must have a passport.
- Proof of employment.
- Proof of residency in Africa.
- Vehicle registration and title.
- Proof of study or employment.
The above documentations are mandatory. There is no other way to ship a vehicle and all laws must be heeded to. Having a personal vehicle in the country will allow you to travel leisurely and without hesitation. Be sure that there is somewhere to safely store the vehicle at the place of residence and that all precautions are taken with roadways and automobile laws.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Eritrea
Shipping oversized cargo and heavy equipment from the United States to Eritrea isn’t easy to do without anything you may need. For example, it takes haulers, the right shipping materials and equipment, familiarity with foreign import policies and much more to successfully carry out an international transport. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport can help anyone looking to ship their heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation.
In theory, any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered as over-sized. However, if your cargo fits into a shipping container yet exceeds the standard weight limits, it may also be considered as heavy equipment. Some examples of the heavy and oversized equipment we’re able to have shipped overseas include but are not limited to...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment
- Mining equipment
The Shipping Options We Have Available at A1 Auto Transport
Conditional on the type of oversized or heavy cargo you are shipping and the route that must be taken to carry out the delivery, there are several shipping methods available through A1. Some of these options offer more security than others which raises the their cost slightly more. Our professionals can help you to decide but here’s a little more information regarding our transport method options first…
- LoLo Shipping or Lift On/Lift Off- Using a crane, we will safely lift your cargo onto the ship. Once it reaches Eritrea, it will be lifted off the ship with the crane. This shipping service applies primarily to non-op vehicles and crated heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping or Roll On/Roll Off- This is the cheapest option available since it is an open air service that requires your vehicle or equipment is capable of rolling onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- This method isn’t available to all those shipping heavy equipment overseas. If your heavy cargo fits into the container than you’re likely able to request this method of transport. The walls and ceiling of the container provide the ultimate protection during your cargo’s travels, but it does cost more than the alternative shipping methods offered.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This shipping method uses what appears to be the frame of a shipping container to assure your cargo’s steadiness during its transport. Contingent on the weather conditions, your cargo may be wrapped and protected by shrink wrap or plastic sheeting.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com