Exporting a Vehicle to Eritrea From The United States? Allow Us to Help!
Shipping A Car To Eritrea
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Eritrea is an area that is not exactly easy to get to for auto transporters and the cost of shipping a car there reflects that.
- You can expect costs from $3,200 to $7,200 when having a car delivered to Eritrea from the U.S.
Eritrea is a small country about the size of the state of Indiana and it is located in Eastern Africa. Transportation is burdensome compared to that of the U.S. Public transit is accessible in the country, but it can be difficult for a foreigner to grasp. Consider transporting a personal vehicle to Eritrea if there for an extended length of time. This could become of great assistance while traveling the beautiful country.
There are two methods of exporting a car internationally and both are sufficient ways of doing so. RO/RO shipping or the roll on-roll off method is the cheapest, but container shipping has its share of benefits as well.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What are RO/RO and Container Shipping?
Container shipping is a method more costly than RO/RO shipping, but it allows the owner of the vehicle to ship other belongings overseas at the same time. A container can be split with another person which could help reduce costs. The vehicle inside the container may also be filled with possessions.
RO/RO shipping consists of rolling the vehicle on and off the ship. It is imperative that the vehicle is empty before transporting. Only floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire are allowed inside the vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Eritrea
When shipping a vehicle into Africa, there are many documents that need to be acquired. It is necessary to be prepared with all documentation in order to have your car imported.
- Second-hand vehicles will need a letter of authority from SABS
- Must have a passport
- Proof of employment
- Proof of residency in Africa
- Vehicle registration and title
- Proof of study or employment
The above documentations are mandatory. There is no other way to ship a vehicle and all laws must be heeded to. Having a personal vehicle in the country will allow you to travel leisurely and without hesitation. Be sure that there is somewhere to safely store the vehicle at the place of residence and that all precautions are taken with roadways and automobile laws.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?