- Car Shipping Djibouti
- Car Shipment to Djibouti from the United States
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Djibouti
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Documents and Restrictions on Vehicle Imports
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle to Djibouti
- Time of Vehicle's Arrival
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Djibouti
- What Types of Overseas Shipping Methods are Available?
- Other Services
- Related Information & FAQs
Car Shipping Djibouti
Car Shipment to Djibouti from the United States
Shipping A Car To Djibouti.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a typical car, it costs between $3,000 and $7,000 to ship a car to Djibouti from the United States.
- Because of the shipping distance involved and the challenges of getting to the area, shipping costs to Djibouti can vary pretty widely depending on a number of factors.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Djibouti
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Djibouti||$275||$3,400||5+41|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Djibouti||$350||$4,100||5+54|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Djibouti||$450||$4,100||5+54|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Djibouti||$475||$4,100||6+54|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Djibouti||$550||$4,100||6+54|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Djibouti||$675||$3,400||6+41|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Djibouti||$700||$3,400||6+41|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Djibouti||$800||$3,400||6+41|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Djibouti||$925||$3,400||7+41|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Djibouti||$1,025||$4,100||7+54|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Located in the Horn of Africa or far East Africa, Djibouti is a small country bordered by the Red Sea. The geography of Djibouti consists heavily of highlands, plateaus, and plains. The climate is harsh heat year round with very heavy rainfalls during the winter months, making much of Djibouti wildlife endangered. Many travel to the country for study and work with the unique wildlife there is to be found.
While the harsh heat isn't exactly ideal for automobiles, having a personal vehicle could greatly enhance a person's ability to travel the country. Roadways exist but many are unpaved. There aren't nearly as many roadways available due to the geography of the country, but a personal vehicle will make travel much easier.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Documents and Restrictions on Vehicle Imports
Shipping regulations for automobiles vary widely across the continent of Africa. Some African countries have tight regulations regarding the import of vehicles, and these regulations are subject to frequent change. It's always a good idea to get in touch with Customs. Being ready for anything is a good idea. Otherwise, shipping a vehicle may be prohibited.
As for Djibouti, only left-handed vehicles are permitted, seeing as vehicles are driven on the left side of the road. Luckily, other than the automobile needing to be a left-handed vehicle, there aren't too many restrictions.
One can assume that specific documentation will be needed. Documents such as a passport, picture I.D., title and registration, proof of vehicle ownership, and proof of Djibouti residency and employment are always beneficial to have with the vehicle owner at the time of the automobile's importation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle to Djibouti
- Original bill of lading (BOL)
- Purchase invoice with value listed.
- Valid letter to Ministry of Foreign Affairs signed by Ministry of Finance.
- Certificate of origin.
- Packing list.
Time of Vehicle's Arrival
At the time of the vehicle's arrival, the owner must be present. All of the proper documentation must be on hand and tariffs will need to be paid. More than likely, the vehicle will be shipped to Port de Djibouti. This is the major port in the country that is located on the border of the Red Sea.
The port is in an ideal location and serves over 380 million people. This port is one of the most well-known ports in Africa and vehicle importation from the U.S. should be rather smooth.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Djibouti
All over the world individuals, dealers and manufacturers take advantage of overseas heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping services through professional transport companies with experience in foreign import policies. If you wish to ship such cargo out of the United States and to Djibouti, consider calling A1 Auto Transport. We have everything we need to ensure a safe, easy and affordable transport to another country. In fact, we’re so certain of our services that we offer free insurance coverage and real-time tracking services.
At A1 Auto Transport, we have been shipping all kinds of heavy equipment and oversized cargo for many years. The types of cargo we can ship are nearly endless but to give you an idea of what we mean when we say “heavy” or “oversized,” take a look at the list below.
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
The list above isn’t nearly all we’re capable of transporting but when you call in, we will inform you of the shipping options you’re able to take advantage of based on the information you provide us with regarding your cargo.
What Types of Overseas Shipping Methods are Available?
As previously stated, the type of cargo you’re shipping to Djibouti will determine what transport methods are offered to you. Nonetheless, there are four international transport methods available through A1 overall.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/ Roll Off)- this is the cheapest, most desired and simplest way to transport oversized cargo overseas. Not all sea ports accept this type of transport but we will ship to the nearest allowing port and have ground transport ready to take your cargo from there.
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off)- using a crane to lift your cargo onto and off of the ship securely, this method is mainly suggested to those with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo.
- Flat Rack- this transport service secures your heavy cargo to a metal rack before it is placed on the ship.
- Container Shipping- only customer’s trying to ship heavy equipment that can fit into a 40ft shipping container are able to use this more expensive shipping method. This is the safest shipping method offered for overseas deliveries.