Car Shipment to Djibouti from the United States.
Shipping A Car To Djibouti
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a typical car, it costs between $3,000 and $7,000 to ship a car to Djibouti from the United States.
- Because of the shipping distance involved and the challenges of getting to the area, shipping costs to Djibouti can vary pretty widely depending on a number of factors.
Located in the Horn of Africa or far East Africa, Djibouti is a small country bordered by the Red Sea. The geography of Djibouti consists heavily of highlands, plateaus, and plains. The climate is harsh heat year round with very heavy rainfalls during the winter months, making much of Djibouti wildlife endangered. Many travel to the country for study and work with the unique wildlife there is to be found.
While the harsh heat isn’t exactly ideal for automobiles, having a personal vehicle could greatly enhance a person’s ability to travel the country. Roadways exist but many are unpaved. There aren’t nearly as many roadways available due to the geography of the country, but a personal vehicle will make travel much easier.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents and Restrictions on Vehicle Imports
The requirements for vehicle shipping differentiate greatly throughout Africa. Some of Africa’s countries are very strict on vehicle importation and the restrictions are constantly changing. Contacting Customs is always a good idea. It is always best to be prepared. Otherwise, vehicle shipment might not be permitted.
As for Djibouti, only left-handed vehicles are permitted, seeing as vehicles are driven on the left side of the road. Luckily, other than the automobile needing to be a left-handed vehicle, there aren’t too many restrictions.
One can assume that specific documentation will be needed. Documents such as a passport, picture I.D., title and registration, proof of vehicle ownership, and proof of Djibouti residency and employment are always beneficial to have with the vehicle owner at the time of the automobile’s importation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle to Djibouti .
- Original bill of lading (BOL)
- Purchase invoice with value listed.
- Valid letter to Ministry of Foreign Affairs signed by Ministry of Finance.
- Certificate of origin.
- Packing list.
Time of Vehicle’s Arrival.
At the time of the vehicle’s arrival, the owner must be present. All of the proper documentation must be on hand and tariffs will need to be paid. More than likely, the vehicle will be shipped to Port de Djibouti. This is the major port in the country that is located on the border of the Red Sea.
The port is in an ideal location and serves over 380 million people. This port is one of the most well-known ports in Africa and vehicle importation from the U.S. should be rather smooth.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?