Ship Car To Or From The Cayman Islands.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average shipping costs to Cayman Islands from the U.S. are typically $1,400 to $2,000 for standard cars and smaller vehicles, up to $2,000 to $4,000 for SUVs and large vehicle types.
- Be sure to account for import taxes when shipping to the Cayman Islands, which are between 30% to 40%, depending on the value of your car.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman are three small islands located on the southern Caribbean Sea that make up the Cayman Islands. The area is best-known for its tropical weather and scenic landscape. If you’ve made plans to stay in the Cayman Islands for an extended period, then you might also considered transporting your automobile overseas.
Shipping/exporting a motor vehicle can be challenging, especially if you aren’t familiar with the process. It’s important to calculate potential expenses beforehand by obtaining a quote from the auto transport company you’ve decided to do business with. Also, you can anticipate paying taxes and customs fees.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Cayman Islands.
- When shipping/exporting a vehicle to the Cayman Islands you should have the following documents in your possession to present to Custom’s officer.
- Car Title (Must be an original copy)
- Original invoice or documentation stating the current market value of the vehicle (Kelly Blue Book Value)
- Auto Insurance Note.
- Completed Customs Declaration Form – the value of the vehicle must be indicated in a separate portion.
- Work permit or residence permit.
- Passport with the picture page with Cayman Island entry stamp.
- Express of Release of Bill of Lading.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Government Duties and Fees.
All motor vehicles entering the country are subject to government taxes which include the cost of the vehicle, insurance, and freight.
- Automobiles valued at $20,000 or less are subject to is 27.5% tax
- Automobiles valued at $20,001-$25,000 are subject to 30% tax
- Automobiles valued at $25,001-$30,000 are subject to 35% tax
- Automobiles valued at more than $30,000 are subject to 40% tax
You will also be required to pay both a $310 waste fee and a $290 licensing fee. These expenses must be paid at the time of import. Also, an Environmental Disposal fee may be charged at the custom’s department, which is based on the value of the motor vehicle. The Environmental Disposal fee covers the cost of disposing of a used vehicle in the future.
Motor Vehicle Clearance.
Once your vehicle arrives at the port in the Cayman Islands, you will be notified by the shipping company you hired to transport your vehicle overseas. If you haven’t acquired the services of a custom’s broker, you will have to complete the following tasks before your motor vehicle is cleared through the custom’s department:
- Pay both government taxes and any other fees.
- Go to the Port Authority and pay port charges
- If you haven’t obtained auto insurance you will need to do so in order to get licensed and register your vehicle at the DVLD.
- Finally, you can pick up your vehicle from the port.
Motor vehicles that are being imported for use for a specified amount of time, may qualify for duty-free importation. Usually, the period is for six months or less. To find out whether you are eligible for duty-free importation you must make a temporary import inquiry with the Collector of Customs.
Cayman Islands Government – Customs and shipping information about the Cayman Islands
Import Restrictions – A good resource for finding out what can and cannot be imported into the country
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory