Santiago de León de Caracas or Caracas as popularly known is the capital and the largest city of Venezuela. Strategically situated on the banks of the Guaire River with the backdrop of the mountain ranges, it is the hub of economic activities, political and cultural center of the country. Whether you intend moving to Caracas for employment, education or are returning back to your country, the fact remains that you will need to have your own vehicle for commuting in and around the city with ease. However, given the security concerns in Venezuela and the tumultuous political relationship with USA, it can be a task to get your vehicle shipped from USA to Caracas, Venezuela.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
However, despite the security checks and legal concerns, A1 Auto Transport Service can be of assistance in helping get the legalities completed and your car delivered at your doorstep. Corruption is an issue and can inflate the fees that you will have to pay but it is not as expensive as most people think. There are procedures to import your vehicle duty-free or get exemption. However there is some important documentation that has to be submitted:
- Proof of Car Ownership.
- RIF certificate.
- Copy of Owner’s Passport.
- Venezuelan Consulate in USA stamped certificate of vehicle use.
- Bill of Lading (4 copies)
- Bill of sale of vehicle with details on the engine/chassis number, car price.
- Clear title deed.
- Insurance and registration documents.
Shipping your vehicle duty-free.
Import regulations only permit the citizens of Venezuela to import new, old or used vehicles. For foreigners, they can only import new vehicles. As per legal requirements, there are ways to ship your vehicle duty free and exempted from all import and custom taxes. However, you are eligible if:
- As a citizen of Venezuela, you have been away for a minimum of 12 months.
- Car is in your name for at least 11 months and have the documents to prove it.
- The car is not valued over $20,000.
- However, 1% of CIF value is mandatory on all vehicle imports.
Ways to ship your vehicle.
With plenty of ports in Venezuela and Caracas being a port city, shipping by ocean bound freight ships isn’t an issue at all. Here are the two common methods:
- RORO or Roll-On/Roll-Off Service: This is the most affordable shipping option and you only need to pay for the space that your car occupies on the ship deck. The car is driven onboard at the local US port, harnessed and secured and then driven off at Caracas. There are several limitations and regulations that need to be followed if you want to ship by RORO.
- Enclosed Container Service: It is long journey by sea from the local US port to Caracas and if you want to add a layer of security for your vehicle or need to ship household goods alongside the car, this method might be more expensive but safer.
Whether you plan on shipping through container shipping or by RORO, at A1 Auto Transport Service, we can be of assistance at every step. Additionally, it is important to note that all of the essential documents must reach the Customs department of Venezuela at least 3- 5 days before the car arrives as the custom clearance procedures have to start. If your documents do not reach in time, you will be required to pay a heavy penalty. To browse more about the latest regulations on import of vehicle, you can contact the Embassy of Venezuela in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?