Moving your car to Cape Verde from the United States
Shipping A Car To Cape Verde.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a vehicle to Cape Verde from the U.S. is generally $1,700 to $3,200.
- Since it is only accessible by sea, the cheapest and most effective way to ship a car to Cape Verde is on a boat, usually in either a 20 foot or 40-foot intermodal shipping container.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Cape Verde
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Porto Praia||$350||$3300||5+26 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Tarrafal||$400||$2550||5+15 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Porto Grande||$450||$3300||5+26 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Porto Praia||$550||$3300||6+26 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Porto Praia||$550||$2100||5+12 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Pedra Badejo||$700||$2500||6+15 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Porto Praia||$775||$3300||7+26 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Porto Praia||$800||$2100||6+12 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Porto Grande||$925||$2100||7+12 days|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Tarrafal||$1,025||$3750||7+29 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Cape Verde is a beautiful island country off the coast of West Africa in the central Atlantic Ocean. When you relocate to this amazing archipelago and want to move your car with you, you will need to know a little about the island and a lot about the customs regulations and documentation you will need to provide to be given clearance for your car to enter Cape Verde. This island extravaganza is made up of 10 volcanic islands and is host to hundreds of thousands of tourists annually. The climate is tropical, and the scenery that lines the roadways and boating lanes are majestic and beautiful.
When you’re ready to move your car to this beautiful island country, you’ll need to hire a reputable auto transport company to take care of shipping for you. Your agent will go over all of the necessary documents you need to have and the paperwork and fees that you’ll need to pay for shipping. You’ll also need to arrange for transport to the port if you won’t be driving it on your own, and transport to your location in Cape Verde if you need it picked up at the port of entry.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Cape Verde
- Driver’s License.
- Vehicle Title.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- Power of Attorney form.
- Social Security Card.
You can get customs information on International Shipping Regulations by contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Agency. Cape Verde Customs has specific documentation and policies that must be adhered to when shipping a car into the country. These are the basic specifications when importing your car:
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Cabo Verde
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents and customs fees
- Cape Verde Entry Permit in Passport.
- Residence Permit.
- Original Bill of Sale (if the car is new)
- Expats and Diplomats are required to have Diplomatic Exemption granted by the Cape Verdean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Original Title that included make, model, engine and chassis numbers.
- Insurance Certificate from country of import (United States)
- Must pay taxes and duties that will be based on car value
For more Cape Verde Customs information you can contact the Cape Verde Embassy and they can direct you to policies on importing cars and other personal items. Your auto transport agent will also be able to give you details on shipping protocol and paperwork that you will need to have prior to shipping/exporting. They will also give you in-depth details on what you made need to do to prepare your car for International Shipping/exporting. Depending on the type of shipping you will be using you may have to clean everything out of the interior of your car as well as accessories that may be attached to the exterior of the car. The total cost to ship your car internationally will vary depending on the type of shipping you need, transportation via land and other fees determined by the transporter.
- RORO Shipping - The quickest way to ship overseas as well as the least expensive. Your car is simply driven onto the freight ship at the exit port and off of the ship at the entry port in Cape Verde. RORO Shipping is the preferred way for international car shipping from the United States.
- Container Shipping - When you ship via container you’ll be able to load your personal items inside the container with your car. This way can take a little longer than Roro but if you need to relocate household goods in your move, you’ll be able to do so in a secure and economical way.
- Air Shipping - The fastest yet most expensive way to ship a car internationally. When you need your car or other household items in a quick amount of time, shipping by air is the way to go.