- Portland Car Shipping - Safe And Reliable Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Portland Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Shipping Companies Near Me
- Using Portland Vehicle Transport Companies
- Long Distance Auto Transport To/From Portland
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Portland
- Special Discounts In Portland
- International Shipping To/From Portland
- Cheap Transportation Options In Portland
- Auto Transport Safety Measures In Portland
- Portland Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Other Portland Resources
- Portland Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Portland Includes Zip Codes
Portland Car Shipping - Safe And Reliable Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Located in Clackamas County, Portland is the most populated city in Oregon. It is situated where the Willamette and Columbia Rivers meet and is home to more than two million people in the metro area alone. The city is known as the “City of Roses” and is where a number of independent and eclectic entities reside, contributing to the motto of “Keep Portland Weird.” It is also one of the more environmentally friendly cities in the northwest.
Go here for further information about shipping in Portland.
Portland Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Portland||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Portland to Los Angeles||$578||964 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Portland to Phoenix||$762||1270 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Portland to Kansas City||$1074||1790 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Indianapolis to Portland||$1345||2242 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Portland||$1683||2805 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to Portland||$1736||2894 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Nashville to Portland||$1409||2348 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Portland to Miami Beach||$1954||3257 miles||8 - 10 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Portland? The city of Portland’s motto is “Keep Portland Weird” and that is a great indication of the culture there. People in Portland emphasize self-expression, which gives this city a personality unlike any other. From the famed Japanese Garden to Voodoo Doughnuts, there’s every kind of delight in Portland. While the city itself has a solid public transport system, it doesn’t allow residents to visit the nearby mountains, Pacific coast, or wineries. Having car greatly enhances life in Portland, and A-1 Auto Transport can make that happen. Check our directory to find a company that can efficiently ship your car to you in Portland.
Using Portland Vehicle Transport Companies
Should you decide to move a car to Portland, consider a few things first:
- Choose efficiency over affordability: If there is a company you really want to use, but aren’t sure of how affordable they are, consider the level of efficiency the company has. If the company can move your car quickly and effectively, it may well be worth the price.
- Sign a contract for services: If you agree to work with a company, don’t consider the deal a done one until you have it in writing, with both of your signatures on the dotted line.
- Inspect your car carefully ahead of transport: Make sure you don’t note any dents or scratches on the vehicle and check when you get it back for the same thing.
For more information visit the official website.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Portland
Many potential customers shy away from long distance auto transport services due to the shipping cost. However, the idea that DIY is cheaper is simply not true. Thanks to our large carriers and our terminal system, our company can deliver your car at a similar price if not lower.
A single open carrier can transport up to 12 vehicles at a time. It’s the most convenient way to transport cars, as it saves owners’ time and the price is shared with up to a dozen others.
If you’d like to keep costs to a minimum, using our terminals will help as well. You’ll get a better deal this way, since the carrier won’t have to go out of its way to pick up your car.
The longer the distance, the more you will have to pay, but that is also true for DIY. Fuel, meal, and hotel bills stack up fast. Combined with several days wasted on the road, it’s much more efficient and cheaper in the long run to hire an auto transport service.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Portland
There is no difference between transporting a luxury or historic vehicle on an open or enclosed carrier. The use of an open carrier has the benefit of reduced costs, but the drawbacks of increased delivery time and car exposure to the elements.
If you can afford it, an enclosed carrier is generally considered safer since it protects the cargo from all sides. Not only that, but the content of an enclosed trailer remains hidden until the destination, while open carriers display the cars on top for all to see. This can become a problem if thieves spot it. Since price isn’t normally an issue for luxury and classic car owners, an enclosed truck is the preferred transportation method for this class of clients.
Special Discounts in Portland
Special discounts are given in special circumstances. If the owner of the vehicle is a student, he/she can transport the car at a discount. Military personnel and seniors can also do the same. Also, our seasonal offerings are available to everyone. To learn more about them, call our staff.
International Shipping to/from Portland
With A1 auto transport’s assistance, you can transport your car to any city or port, either in the US or abroad. In both cases, we will attempt to remove as much of the work and stress from your shoulders as possible. Besides the documents you will have to provide us with and your presence at the pickup and drop off points, nothing else will be required.
If you have any preferences regarding the transport, we’ll probably be able to accommodate you. For example, our fleet contains both open and enclosed auto carriers. We can guide you to a terminal or come to pick up your car from a location of your choosing. We can also accommodate both the RoRo method and container shipping if your car must travel across the ocean.
Cheap Transportation Options in Portland
The purpose of auto shipping isn't just taking a car from one place to another. How we do it is equally, if not more, important.
With an enclosed carrier or a plane, we can keep even dust from making contact with your vehicles, making sure they arrive without a single scratch every time. However, such services are also more expensive, hence why they're usually employed by companies and individuals who can afford and absolutely need them.
Normal customers are more concerned with the shipment’s price instead. Safety precautions are a given, and the car travels to its destination in a similar fashion to you driving it, but without the added miles. In exchange for leaving it exposed to the harsh winter and the blazing sun of summer, the price is significantly lowered. Anyone can afford such a service, even students and seniors.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Portland
Our international and local services can be adapted to suit even the most strict safety requirements. We can provide enclosed transportation, container shipping, and air freight.
Your car will be shipped with modern carriers driven by highly experienced drivers. We plan ahead to avoid dangerous areas and poor roads, and even if something does happen, your transport will be covered by insurance.
If you want a safe project without overpaying, then an open carrier and our terminal to terminal option will suffice. If you want to focus on safety and speed, then an enclosed truck will be better.
Portland Auto Transport Companies Directory
This transport company is also located in the heart of Portland and services the direct area, as well as other points around the Pacific Northwest. The company specializes in the more traditional vehicles and works with a number of partner companies that can assist in bundling services to get everything moved at once.
10080 N Lombard St
United Road Services: Portland
This is a national company, which means it can be a bit more competitive on the pricing structure than some of the smaller, locale companies. It also has international reach, shipping to just about anywhere in the world for a fraction of the cost as well. The company is a reputable one, with depots in just about every major city in the U.S. and beyond.
14440 N Bybee Lake Rd.
Bear Transport is situated in Aurora, but many of its clients are in and around the Portland area. The company is fairly small; however, it packs quite a punch when it comes to auto transport in and out of Portland. It is efficient, utilizing its decently-sized fleet to get vehicles moved quickly and for a price, many clients find they can afford.
21171 Main St NE
Selland Auto Transport
Selland is an established auto transport outfit that provides any number of transport services via enclosed or open-end shipping. The company serves the direct Portland area and then fans out from there in terms of services. It relies on its reputation for quality transport to bring it new customers that return for additional services as a result.
11020 N Lombard St
Available Auto Shipping Services
Available Auto Shipping is located outside of Portland, nearby in Clackamas. The company is smaller, which means the reach is not as great. However, what it lacks in reach, the company makes up for in service, with friendly agents always willing to lend a hand.
14421 SE 98th Ct
AAA Always Available Auto Transportation
This company is in the heart of Portland and has been operating in the area for many years. Customers that have worked with AAA come back because the agents are always helpful and knowledgeable about industry practices. The company prides itself on that fact and on being fully insured and licensed to transport vehicles around the country.
898 SE Taylor St
Robin Hood Auto Transport
This is the little company that could; a small transport outfit with just four trucks in its arsenal. However, this is a tough company with policies in place that both cater to clients but protects staffers, particularly those that are driving vehicles cross-country. They have more than 20 years of experience in the industry and pride itself on its reach, with an office in California and one in Oregon.
Portland, OR 97204
T & C Auto Transport
This transport company is over the state line in Vancouver and operates like one of the bigger city companies. It is modern, agents are knowledgeable and the company is innovative in terms of their methods of transporting vehicles.
13314 Southeast 19th Street
Vancouver, WA 98683
Domestic Auto Transport
Situated in Camas, in Washington state, Domestic Auto can move boats, motorcycles, and vehicles, depending on the final destination. The company is fairly affordable in terms of price and has a wide enough range of transport options to suit just about any budget.
700 Northeast 4th Avenue #100
Camas, WA 98607
Other Portland Resources
Portland Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Portland.
Portland State University - Portland State's 49-acre downtown campus is located in the heart of one of America's most vibrant centers of culture, business, and technology.
Portland On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Portland Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Pearl District||Woodstock||Lloyd District|
|South||Cully||Mount Scott -|
Portland includes ZIP codes
97086, 97201, 97202, 97203, 97204, 97205, 97206, 97207, 97208, 97209, 97210, 97211, 97212, 97213, 97214, 97215, 97216, 97217, 97218, 97219, 97220, 97221, 97222, 97223, 97224, 97225, 97227, 97228, 97229, 97230, 97231, 97232, 97233, 97236, 97238, 97239, 97240, 97242, 97250, 97251, 97252, 97253, 97254, 97256, 97258, 97266, 97267, 97268, 97269, 97280, 97281, 97282, 97283, 97286, 97290, 97291, 97292, 97293, 97294, 97296, 97298.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I track my car while it’s in transit from Portland, OR? I’m worried.
Yes, you can. Different motor carrier companies will offer various ways for you to do this.
- Depending on whether the carrier company has implemented GSP services in their trucks, you can track using GPS tracking. But, again, you can ask a company representative.
If a company doesn’t provide GPS tracking, there are two other options:
- Company dispatchers or representatives can update you on where the driver is if you call and ask during business hours.
- In addition, you can get an update from the driver using their cell number.
What documentation do I need to show when transporting my car to Portland, OR?
There are a few different documents that will be needed. However, not all are legally required. Be sure to check with your motor carrier company to learn exactly what they require.
- A current driver’s license
- Proof of insurance and registration
- Authorization to transport from the lienholder (if you have a lien on the vehicle)
- Bill of Lading—This is the receipt for your shipment. It is your proof of both delivery and the condition of your car when it is picked up and delivered. It’s an inspection document.
I have an inoperable vehicle that I want to transport. Are there companies in Portland, OR that will ship it?
Yes, some companies will transport inoperable vehicles. Ask the companies that you’re considering their policy for transporting inoperable cars.
Any company with expertise in this will check that your vehicle can be steered and that it rolls, and the brake is effective. These three criteria are mandatory for loading and unloading. But, again, safety for the driver and your vehicle are paramount.
You must describe your vehicle’s condition, so the motor carrier company understands and prepares the equipment required to load your car. If you are unsure how to describe it, be sure you get help understanding, so you communicate clearly and don’t rack up extra fees.
Is there some place I can file a complaint about the company I used to transport my car from Portland, OR?
Yes, there are a few options to file a complaint. However, we recommend highly that you first bring your objection to a company representative and see if the issue can be resolved without a public protest. If you are still dissatisfied after speaking with someone from the company, you have the following options:
Will I be able to get a cost estimate when inquiring about transporting my car to Portland, OR?
Yes. Any company will give you an estimate on transporting your vehicle. You can get the estimate by speaking with a company representative or using only an estimator.
A-1 Auto Transport will provide you with a free estimate on shipping your car via our website. You can also call and speak with any of our competent and friendly representatives by calling us. To date, we’ve delivered 2+ million vehicles.
We look forward to assisting you!
How much does Portland car transport cost?
The cost of Portland car transport depends on several factors, including the distance of the destination, the size and weight of the vehicle, the type of transportation used (open or enclosed carrier), and the timeframe of delivery. On average, the cost can range from $500 to $1,500.
Here are some examples of average car shipping costs from Portland, Oregon to various destinations:
- Los Angeles, CA: $968
- San Diego, CA: $1,122
- Houston, TX: $1,387
- Chicago, IL: $1,507
- New York, NY: $1,648
- Boston, MA: $1,714
To get an accurate estimate for your specific needs, it is recommended to request quotes from multiple auto transport companies.
Do all Portland auto transport companies offer real-time tracking for vehicles they transport?
Not all Portland auto transport companies offer real-time tracking for vehicles they transport. While many companies provide this service as a convenience for their customers, it is a standard feature only some companies offer. It is important to inquire about real-time tracking capabilities when researching and selecting an auto transport company in Portland if this feature is important to you.
What criteria should I prioritize when selecting a Portland auto transport provider?
When selecting a Portland auto transport provider, it is important to prioritize the following criteria:
1. Reputation and Experience: Look for a provider with a good reputation and extensive experience in the auto transport industry. Check online reviews and ratings to gauge their reliability and customer satisfaction.
2. Licensing and Insurance: Ensure the auto transport provider is properly licensed and insured. This will protect your vehicle in case of any damage or accidents during transportation.
3. Services Offered: Consider the range of services the provider offers. Do they offer door-to-door delivery, open or enclosed transport, or expedited shipping? Choose a provider that offers services that align with your needs.
4. Price and Affordability: Compare quotes from different auto transport providers to find a balance between quality of service and affordability. Be cautious of extremely low prices, which may indicate subpar service or hidden fees.
5. Customer Support: Evaluate the level of customer support provided by the auto transport provider. Are they responsive to inquiries and able to address any concerns or issues promptly?
6. Delivery Timeframe: Inquire about the estimated delivery timeframe for your vehicle. Ensure that it aligns with your schedule and expectations.
7. Insurance Coverage: Check the insurance coverage provided by the auto transport provider. Verify if it is sufficient to cover the value of your vehicle in case of any damages or incidents during transportation.
8. Track Record: Research the provider's track record regarding on-time deliveries and incident-free transportation. This will give you an idea of their reliability and professionalism.
9. Additional Services: Consider any additional services the provider offers, such as vehicle storage or vehicle tracking. These can add convenience and peace of mind during the transportation process.
10. Recommendations and Referrals: Seek recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues who have previously used an auto transport provider in Portland. Their firsthand experiences can provide valuable insights and help you make an informed decision.
Are there any vehicle restrictions for Portland car shipping companies?
There are no specific vehicle restrictions for Portland car shipping companies. However, it is important to check with individual companies as they may have their own policies and limitations regarding the types of vehicles they can transport. Some companies may have restrictions on oversized vehicles, high-end luxury cars, or non-running vehicles. It is always recommended to inquire with the car shipping company directly to ensure they can accommodate your specific vehicle.
Do Portland car shipping companies offer door-to-door delivery?
Yes, many Portland car shipping companies offer door-to-door delivery services. This means they will pick up your vehicle from your desired location and deliver it directly to your specified destination. Door-to-door delivery is a convenient option for customers who want their vehicles transported without additional transportation or pickup/drop-off arrangements. However, it's always a good idea to confirm with the specific car shipping company to ensure they offer this service.
Who regulates Portland car transport companies?
The Portland car transport companies are regulated by the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). ODOT ensures that these companies comply with state and federal regulations, including licensing, insurance requirements, safety standards, and consumer protection measures. They also oversee the enforcement of rules and regulations related to transportation services in Portland.
What services do Portland car shipping companies offer?
Portland car shipping companies offer a range of services to meet the needs of their customers. Some of the common services offered by these companies include:
1. Open-Air Transport: This is the most common and cost-effective car shipping method. The vehicles are loaded onto an open trailer and transported to the desired destination.
2. Enclosed Transport: For customers who want extra vehicle protection, Portland car shipping companies also offer enclosed transport. In this method, the vehicles are loaded onto a covered trailer, providing protection from weather conditions and road debris.
3. Door-to-door Delivery: Many car shipping companies offer door-to-door delivery services, where the vehicle is picked up from the customer's location and delivered directly to the desired destination. This eliminates the need for the customer to drop off or pick up the vehicle at a terminal.
4. Terminal-to-Terminal Delivery: Some customers may prefer to drop off or pick up their vehicles at a terminal. Portland car shipping companies also offer terminal-to-terminal delivery services, where the vehicles are transported between designated terminals, and the customer can collect or drop off the vehicle at their convenience.
5. International Shipping: For customers looking to ship their vehicles internationally, Portland car shipping companies also offer international shipping services. These companies handle the logistics and paperwork required for international vehicle transportation, including customs clearance.
6. Expedited Shipping: If customers need their vehicles delivered quickly, Portland car shipping companies offer expedited shipping services. This ensures faster delivery of the vehicles to the desired destination.
7. Insurance Coverage: Most car shipping companies cover the transported vehicles. This coverage protects the vehicles against any damage that may occur during transit.
It's important to note that the specific services offered may vary between different Portland car shipping companies. It's recommended to contact individual companies to inquire about their specific services and pricing.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Portland to Eugene?
The cost of shipping a car from Portland to Eugene varies depending on the size of your car, the type of transport you choose, and the time of year. However, you can expect to pay between $400 and $700 for door-to-door shipping.
Open transport is the most affordable option, and it's usually the best choice for sedans and other small cars. Enclosed transport is more expensive, but it offers better protection for your vehicle. This is the best option for classic cars, luxury cars, and motorcycles.
You can also ship your car on a flatbed truck or a trailer. Flatbed trucks are more expensive, but they offer the most protection for your vehicle. Trailers are less expensive, but they need to be more secure.
The time of year can also affect the cost of shipping your car. Prices are typically higher during the summer when demand for shipping services is high.