Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Kansas City, Missouri
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Kansas City
The Port of Kansas City is a well-known harbor located on the Missouri River on marine highway M-70. The Missouri inland waterways offer barge access to both international and domestic shipping. Owing to the droughts suffered in Missouri, the port is not as popular as it used to.
Here are some tips on shipping cars to or from the port of Kansas City.
Mode of shipping
You can pick one of two ways when shipping cars to or from the port of Kansas City: Ocean Freight Containers or Roll on Roll Off Vessels.
In RoRo shipping, cars are driven into specialized ships and secured in place in an area that mirrors a parking lot. It is by far the cheapest and simplest way to ship a car but it’s lacking in worldwide coverage. That’s to say you can only depend on the services of RoRo if your port of dispatch boasts of RoRo facilities as well.
Take note that if you are shipping a high-value car, this is not the best method to rely on because such cars require a higher tier of protection and safety. In such circumstances, container shipping is your best bet. In this method, your car will be hauled up by a crane and carefully placed in a 20ft or 40 ft container where its wheels will be chocked down and the body roped to corners of the car.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As long as you’re shipping your vehicle, it will need to be approved by customs before setting sail. The customs clearance process occurs in two ways, physical vehicle inspection and validation of appropriate documents.
In regards to documentation, these are the basic requirements when shipping cars to or from Port of Kansas city:
- Certificate of Title with no lien holders.
- Salvage certificate.
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or MSO.
- Bill of sale in the case of lien holders.
- Vehicles Identification number.
- Photo identification, e.g. passport or valid driver’s license.
Please note that this is not the exhaustive list of documents. The exact list is dependent on whether your car is new, used or scrap. Also, note that military personnel play by a different set of rules.
As for physical vehicle inspection, your car should be thoroughly cleaned and devoid of any household goods when being shipped via RoRo. It should also be free of aftermarket add-ons; the likes of GPS navigation system and external speakers. Suffice to say, should there be any contraband hidden in your car you are likely to face very steep fines, if not criminal charges.
Other than your auto shippers quotation you may also bear the cost of:
- Customs fees for handling of your cargo.
- Demurrage – charge levied by your carrier/port for late pick up of vehicle from the destination port terminal.
- Wharfage – cost bore by importer for accommodations extended at a wharf.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port of Kansas City.