Safe And Reliable Newport News (County) Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Newport News is located on the banks of the Hampton Roads in southeast Virginia. Like all coastal cities, it offers a flurry of activities. The only thing you will run out of in Newport News is time to partake in all the available activities. Visitors and residents can take part in sporting, camping and fishing. They can also visit historical attractions and museums, architectural and historical landmarks, enjoy free events and festivals, and watch historical re-enactments of the Civil War. The city's major economic drivers include shipbuilding, the military, aerospace, and government services.
Shipping cars to or from Newport News is easy with A-1 Auto Transport. We are one of the leaders in the US auto shipping industry with over 40 terminals, over 30 carriers and working on opening offices in every state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Newport News to New York||$395||395 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Little Rock to Newport News||$617||1029 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Newport News to New Orleans||$638||1064 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Chicago to Newport News||$644||859 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Newport News to Oklahoma City||$814||1358 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Colorado Springs to Newport News||$1032||1721 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Newport News to San Jose||$1176||2942 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Las Vegas to Newport News||$1236||2473 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we cover to or from Newport News
Our able drivers spend countless hours every year shipping cars and other items to various locations throughout America and the world. We have a team of dedicated staff that handles your items with care. The city's elaborate transport system has made it easier for us when shipping cars to or from Newport News. It is served by three airports which we can use for expedited services. It is also served by four trains a day which are provided by Amtrak.
How to prepare your car for shipping
Adequately preparing your car for shipping is a vital step in the auto shipping process. It ensures that there won't be any mishaps or delays. Here is a list of things that you must do before handing over your vehicle to the auto shipper for transportation.
- Remove any personal items. Auto shippers are strictly forbidden by the department of transportation to carry any household items in the car to be shipped when moving from state to state. You should also remove any aftermarket installations such as GPS navigation systems, bike racks, DVD players or external speakers. This is done in order to prevent damage or loss.
- Wash your car. Clean your vehicle both inside and out, noting down any scratches, dents, and paint peels. Taking pictures is a good way of documenting them as this gives clear evidence should there be any disputes.
- Leave about a quarter tank of gas. Leaving more than a quarter tank of gas may attract penalties as it will be calculated as additional weight.
- Car maintenance. Get your car checked out by a qualified mechanic.
- Keys. Make an extra copy of your car keys.
- Bill of lading. Make sure that both you and the auto shipping driver go round you car and document any existing damages in the bill of lading.
Pick A-1 Auto Transport
Zip codes included in Newport News
- 23601 Newport News City
- 23602 Newport News City
- 23603 Newport News City
- 23605 Newport News City
- 23606 Newport News City
- 23607 Newport News City
- 23608 Newport News City
- 23609 Newport News City
- 23612 Newport News City
- 23628 Newport News City
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.