Moving Companies That Move Cars and Furniture vs. Auto Shippers
Moving companies that move cars and furniture recommend you plan carefully. For example, before thinking of moving your vehicle, selling or donating it to avoid or reduce taxes may also be a viable option.
Before making a decision, we recommend you visit your state office for motor vehicles and inquire about the following:
- The tests your vehicle must pass (ex. Emissions, inspection and safety). If you’ve bought a used car, inquire whether the buyer or the seller pays for the vehicle’s test. Tests may also differ if you’ve bought from a private party instead of a dealer.
- The cost of testing.
- Some models may turn obsolete due to impending legislation. Inquire if newer laws have caused the registration and other such fees to rise on the models you’re interested in.
An issue you may encounter when trying to ship your vehicle include changes in safety and emissions standards from one state to another. If your automobile does not comply with these standards, selling and buying a new car in your new home state may be a cheaper option.
Your transportation and cost requirements may change due to varying rates in the region and the type of vehicle. Make sure, if you are facing an increase in rates when moving to a new state, that your vehicle matches your new lifestyle. For example, an SUV with 4 wheels may be a necessity in the snowy northern areas, but it’s a liability in the south.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Options for moving your vehicle
If you’ve decided to take your car to your new home, there are a few options for you to choose from:
- Transporting your vehicle along with your furniture: Moving companies that move cars and furniture may be able to carry both in the same van. However, this may prove rather expensive, since the price is determined by the items’ weight, the time it takes to transport them and/or the distance from the pick up spot to the destination. Your vehicle is most likely a very heavy item, meaning the price of transporting it may be too high.
- Transporting your car using an auto shipping company: If moving companies that move cars and furniture are not your choice, then you may prefer a service that specializes in transporting automobiles instead. They will transport your car, bike or even boat in a specialized open or enclosed truck.
Auto Transport Price
Like moving companies that move cars and furniture, auto shippers will determine a price depending on your specific needs and circumstances. Factors include:
- Operating condition,
- Hauler provided insurance coverage,
- Hauler provided services.
To determine the price of hauling your particular vehicle according to your circumstances, it’s best to contact a shipping company directly and get an accurate assessment from them.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?