What is the International Car Shipping By Air?
Are you looking for quick methods of shipping your vehicle overseas? Well, international car shipping by air is one of the best ways to transport your car to the new city. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you decide to ship your car with a plane.
Budget the expenses. Now, it’s worth noting that air shipping is a lot more expensive than the regular ground transport. That’s why you need to set aside a convenient amount of money in order to cover the expenses. If the vehicle is worth a few thousand dollars, it may not be a good idea as the transportation could cost you more.
Research well. There aren’t quite a lot of companies which are going to offer international car shipping by air service so make sure that you get ahead of things and find out the best options. Check the ratings and their online profiles in order to ensure that everything is handled hassle-free. With this in mind, companies which are specialized in air transportation should be your primary option.
Ask all the necessary questions. If you are going to international car shipping by air, make sure that you have a container only for you. This is going to cost you a bit more but it’s definitely worth it. This is going to ensure the peace of mind which is much needed when shipping your vehicle with an airplane. Make sure to ask all the right questions when you arrange the transportation.
How to ship your vehicle with air cargo.
Though it isn’t as challenging as you thought, but when you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we will assist you at every step of international car shipping by air. However, it is important to be aware of the few conditions that you must meet:
- The car needs to be in properly working condition.
- The car needs to be entirely empty of personal belongings.
- You can’t leave more than 1/8 of the tank of gas.
- You need to provide a spare set of key.
- The car needs to be lien-free and if it’s not you need an authorization from the lien holder which is notarized.
- Sometimes the S. Customs are going to take more than 3 days to get through clearance and if the vehicle is stored within this time you will have to pay the fees. The transit itself is going to take between 1 and 10 days depending on the destination.
Information that you need to get a quote.
Irrespective of the mode of transportation that you select, it is important to get a written quote. However, we will need requisite information to ensure that you get an accurate quote. Some of the documents that are needed include:
- The title of the vehicle in an original.
- The license plate as well as the VIN number.
- The year, the model and the make as well as the measurements.
- The value in US dollars and confirmation whether you want additional insurance or not. This is something that you need to take into account.
- The Shipping mode – airport to airport, airport to the door, door to door and so forth.
- The name, phone number, mailing address of the shipper in USA.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.