Importing a Vehicle into Germany from the USA
Whenever you need to import a vehicle into Germany from the USA, you must hire professionals with experience in international auto shipping. Shipping a car overseas takes careful attention to detail and the proper transport equipment. There is only one true way to ship a vehicle successfully overseas and that’s through a reputable, licensed international car shipping company like A1 Auto Transport.
To ship a car into Germany form the USA, it must meet all the restrictions and standards of the import policy currently in place. Export and import laws must be completely abided by. Anyone without experience in shipping to the country will find it much harder to comply with the import laws. This is where your car shipping professionals really come in handy. They will inform you of the laws and all the paperwork you must present to Customs. You can also call the Embassy of Germany to make sure you have all the correct information.
Safest Way to Ship a Vehicle Internationally
Perhaps the safest way to ship your car to Germany is through enclosed shipping methods. Enclosed shipping methods protect the car during its travels from harm often caused by poor weather, rough seas, and other hazards that could quickly damage the vehicle’s condition. When you choose an enclosed transport service, the antique car is placed within a large shipping container where it is secured. The metal walls of the container won’t let anything reach the vehicle during its shipping process to another country.
Keep the Vehicle Safer by Preparing It Right
- The vehicle must be washed clean of all dirt and debris. The inside must also be cleaned and left empty with the exception of floor mats, a spare tire and a car jack.
- Remove any items that weren’t originally a part of the antique when it was manufactured. If you do not wish to remove such items, consult with the transporter. They will usually offer services for customized vehicles at a slightly higher shipping rate.
- Disable the alarm system if applicable and remove the battery.
- Top off fluids and fill the tires with air. The only fluid that mustn’t read past ¼ full tank is the fuel.
- Take photographs of the interior and exterior of the vehicle. Make notes of any damages especially visible markings. Use these pictures and notes to conduct your final inspection of the car after its delivery in Germany.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory