The easiest way to ship a car to Nigeria is through a reputable overseas transport company. Auto transport to the country must be addressed cautiously or Customs may refuse to allow the vehicle to be sent over.
It is your responsibility to obey the policy of the country, but the transport company will assist you through the process. Their guidance will make the experience much smoother.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Nigeria’s Auto Import Policy Information.
The laws associated with auto import for a country are subject to change at any given time. This is why it is highly suggested that the vehicle owner contact the country’s Customs before the vehicle’s shipping process. If the conditions for Nigeria aren’t met, the vehicle will be denied access into the country.
- Proof of all requested documentation, including paid tariffs.
- The vehicle cannot be older than 15 years of age.
- The vehicle will need to be open in case of inspection.
- The car must be left-hand drive.
Of course, there are other matters to be concerned with other than those stated above. Call the Embassy of Nigeria to learn of the current auto import policy. They can also explain the process of vehicle import from the U.S. and other invaluable information.
Nigeria’s Auto Import Duties.
Nigeria, just like any other country has relatively high taxes. Nevertheless, the cost of duties combined with the cost of shipping is still worth the having the car delivered overseas. In fact, international auto transport is known for its cost efficiency which is why many dealerships and manufacturers use these services.
Vehicle Import Taxes and Tariffs.
- 5% VAT.
- 35% FBU tariff.
- 35% commercial tariff.
- 35% truck tariff.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory