Shipping A Car To Nigeria
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Nigeria is one of the more expensive countries to ship a car to from the U.S., generally in the $3,000 to $7,000 range.
- Part of the reason it’s more expensive than other destinations is the shipping distance and the limited availability of routes and accessible ports in the area.
Nigeria import is strict in some cases, but when it comes to a personal vehicle, it is rather simple. While there is a lot of documentation that will be needed, most of it the owner will already have on hand. Nigeria isn’t known for its superb public transportation, so having a vehicle during an extended trip or even permanent residency will be advantageous.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About Nigeria and Its Roadways
As part of West Africa, Nigeria is bordered by the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean. The country is compromised of 36 states. Its regions vary greatly as it consists of forests, Plateaus, highlands, and tropical rainforests.
The country consists of many roadways, having the second largest road network in all of West Africa. Unfortunately, the roads are unkempt and there have been many reported accidents and deaths due to the roads’ poorly maintained conditions. As of recently, Nigeria has been struggling to conduct maintenance on its roadways to make them safer and easy for travel.
Public transportation is available but consists mostly of water transportation and railway. Having a personal automobile for travel will help anyone who may need to travel throughout the country often.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Nigeria
- Title and registration
- Original purchase invoice
- Insurance papers
- The make, model, and serial number
- Packing list
- Certificate of value & origin
Other than the standard documentation, a vehicle is not able to be shipped if it is 8 years old or older. The vehicle mustn’t have any liens and it must be proven to be road worthy is it is used.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory