Shipping A Car To Nigeria
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Nigeria is one of the more expensive countries to ship a car to from the U.S., generally in the $3,000 to $7,000 range.
- Part of the reason it’s more expensive than other destinations is the shipping distance and the limited availability of routes and accessible ports in the area.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Nigeria
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Lagos||$350||$3,400||5+45|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Lagos||$400||$2,700||5+40|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Lagos||$450||$3,400||5+45|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Lagos||$475||$3,400||6+45|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Lagos||$550||$3,400||6+45|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Lagos||$550||$2,700||5+40|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Lagos||$575||$2,700||6+40|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Lagos||$675||$2,700||6+40|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Lagos||$775||$3,400||7+45|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Lagos||$1,075||$2,700||7+40|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Nigeria import is strict in some cases, but when it comes to a personal vehicle, it is rather simple. While there is a lot of documentation that will be needed, most of it the owner will already have on hand. Nigeria isn't known for its superb public transportation, so having a vehicle during an extended trip or even permanent residency will be advantageous.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About Nigeria and Its Roadways
As part of West Africa, Nigeria is bordered by the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean. The country is compromised of 36 states. Its regions vary greatly as it consists of forests, Plateaus, highlands, and tropical rainforests.
The country consists of many roadways, having the second largest road network in all of West Africa. Unfortunately, the roads are unkempt and there have been many reported accidents and deaths due to the roads' poorly maintained conditions. As of recently, Nigeria has been struggling to conduct maintenance on its roadways to make them safer and easy for travel.
Public transportation is available but consists mostly of water transportation and railway. Having a personal automobile for travel will help anyone who may need to travel throughout the country often.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Nigeria
- Title and registration
- Original purchase invoice
- Insurance papers
- The make, model, and serial number
- Packing list
- Certificate of value & origin
Other than the standard documentation, a vehicle is not able to be shipped if it is 8 years old or older. The vehicle mustn't have any liens and it must be proven to be road worthy is it is used.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Nigeria
There are facets in the process of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo that need careful attention to ensure they are transported overseas efficiently. Through A1 Auto Transport we can offer a variety of options to make the process of shipping go along seamlessly. We offer a variety of services for a wide range of shipping needs that make us confident that we have a solution for you. From farm equipment to construction equipment, engineering equipment to mining equipment, there is almost nothing that we can’t handle.
A1 Auto Transport will guide you through some of the obstacles that come along with shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas. Minding not only the United State’s export procedures but Nigeria’s import policies and regulations are predominant to a successful overseas delivery. Every nation is different and the process can be intimidating, so we’d welcome a call from you to discuss your options further.
Four Overseas Transport Methods to Consider for Your Delivery to Nigeria
When you choose to go through A1 Auto Transport for your shipping process, you have a handful of international shipping options at your disposal. Below are some of our popular methods for transporting cargo internationally:
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport also known as LoLo Shipping is an open air service that requires the use of a crane to pick up and place your cargo on the vessel. We tend to suggest this method to those with non-functioning vehicles or equipment.
- The Roll On/Roll Off method of transport, otherwise known as the RoRo shipping method is the cheapest of all our options which also makes it the most popular. This requires your vehicle to be operable and to use of a ramp to get on and off the cargo ship. It’s a wonderful form of shipping for large and heavy equipment yet there is usually a 15ft height restriction.
- The Flat Rack shipping method is essentially an open top shipping container that does not contain walls. This method is particular useful for transporting large boats, pipes or machinery since they can be loaded from the top or the sides.
- Container shipping is the most secure shipping option and offers the most protection from the inclement weather. If your cargo is able to fit inside a 40ft shipping container then you may be eligible for this slightly more expensive option.
Related Information & FAQs
- What will it cost to have my car shipped to Nigeria?
- What are the benefits of shipping a car to Nigeria from Houston?
- How much will it cost to ship my car to Nigeria?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com