Here at A-1, we are fully committed to getting your vehicle to you in the timeliest manner possible. The average transit time for shipping cars across country takes up to two or three weeks, but is often much less. However, no matter the distance or situation, you will always be able to track your shipments progress by utilizing our real-time satellite tracking system.
While international car shipping laws vary, federal law stipulates that automobile shipping drivers travel no more than 500 miles per day, which includes any and all auto transport delivery stops along the way. They are also only allowed to drive 6 days per week and must take a longer “rest period” every two weeks.
However, with A-1 Auto Transport’s efficient system, we are able to responsibly utilize our driver’s time by providing them with the most efficient transport routes possible.
What Can Change?
There are a multitude of variables that can affect your vehicles shipping time. Things such as mechanical difficulties, as well as natural disasters which present difficult travel conditions can cause slight delays in the shipment of your vehicle.
In these cases, A-1 does everything we can to get your transport back on the road in the shortest amount of time possible. A-1 Auto Transport also works closely with hundreds of active car carriers and long distance movers across the United States, so that when something is going to cause a significant delay, we are able to arrange the pickup and continued transport of your vehicle by another one of our certified carriers.
And although there is no way of preventing natural disasters such as hurricanes or snow storms, A-1 Auto Transport is prepared to work through those problems and ensure that we continue to provide you with the best possible service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you have your car picked up by an auto carrier at your home, it may be taken to an Origin Terminal. The car carrier that picked up your vehicle may not be the one that takes it on its cross-country journey. Your car may be at the terminal for a few days before the line haul auto carrier arrives to take it to its destination. This period is included in the two to three-week estimate of time it takes to ship a car.
In the shipping process, your vehicle could be unloaded at a “cross-dock” in order to switch it over to another carrier which will be transporting your car for the next stretch of the journey. The time between your vehicle being unloaded and reloaded could be up to a few days, depending on the exact location which your vehicle is being shipped to, as well as the availability of carriers for that route.
At A1 Auto Transport, we understand that not everything fits perfectly into a set design, and therefore we are completely open to accommodating special orders if at all possible. Things such as enclosed transport, specialty vehicles, oversize vehicles, and auto transports which have remote destinations might take longer.
For any other type of shipment, your A-1 sales representative will be happy to discuss any particulars or help you to figure out an option that will work for your needs. If those needs differ significantly from what A-1 Auto Transport is able to provide, we do have a network of qualified partners, some of which may be more apt to deal with your special needs.
Auto Transport Services
- Car Transportation
- Best Snowmobile Shipping & Transport Services
- International / RoRo
- Enclosed / Covered
- Door To Door, Pickup Dropoff
- Luxury Vehicles
- Classic & Antique Cars
- Military & Armed Forces
- Domestic Motorcycles
- International Motorcycle
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVs
- Boats & Yachts
- International Boat & Yacht Shipping Services
- RVs & Motor Homes
- Motorhome Shipping & Transport Services
- Truck Shipping
- Freight Shipping
- Golf Cart Shipping
- Multi Car Shipping & Transport
- Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport & Car Shipping Services
- Salvaged Car Shipping & Transport Services
- Non Op Car Shipping & Transport Services
- SUV Shipping & Transport Services
- Jet Ski Shipping & Transport Services
- Interstate Car Towing
Auto Transport Information
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?