Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping a motorcycle is a process that shouldn’t be taken on by the untrained person. It takes the right materials, equipment, knowledge and experience to deliver a motorcycle safely. Hire a professional shipping company out of Costa Mesa and you will benefit from low rates and a safe transport.
Start looking into the transport companies around you weeks before you would like to have the transport in place. You’ll have to make sure the company you want to book with has the open availability. This also allows plenty of time to prepare the motorcycle for its journey.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Prepare a Motorcycle for the Shipping Process.
Preparing a motorcycle for its future transport is simple. It won’t take too much time to fulfill the requests of the transporter. The reason behind these requests is to keep the bike and those caring for it, safer while on the road.
- Clean the motorcycle well. There should be no signs of dirt or grime.
- Inspect the bike for damages. Write down anything you notice, including scratches and dents. Take photographs of the motorcycle too.
- Remove any motorcycle accessories or protruding objects such as saddlebags.
- Check all of the fluids and top them off. The fuel tank should read ¼ full or less.
- Fill the tires with air.
- Disable the alarm system. Some transporters may ask you to remove the battery and handlebars.
If the bike is prepared accordingly, the chances of its safe arrival are more likely. Do as the transporter asks and always provide the right documentation for the transport. When everything is ready, it makes the shipping process much quicker and more secure.