Trying to find reputable motorcycle transport services nearby Corpus Christi won’t be difficult to do at all. Many people use motorcycle shipping on a frequent basis, especially if they are involved in the buying, selling, collecting or trading of the vehicles.
Selecting Between Shipment Methods.
With all of the different shipping companies available, you might find a variety of shipping methods to select from. Well, it is all a matter of preference and budget. Some of the methods are safer than others, in which case, they will cost more. You will also find that many of the companies also offer insurance during the transport for a small extra charge. If it is within your budget, it might be best to take advantage of this.
- Open air shipping requires that the motorcycle be placed atop a flatbed for transport. This is a cheaper method of shipment, but it will leave the bike open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions causing damage to it.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is shipped within a container. This is a safer option of shipment.
- Crated shipping is known for being the safest option and it will require that the owner drain the fluids from the bike, as well as disconnect the battery. The motorcycle is then strapped to a wooden pallet and placed within a tight space in a trailer.
- Terminal to terminal is also a cheap option and it requires the owner of the bike to drop the bike off at a terminal through the shipping company and nearby Corpus Christi. Then, the bike must be retrieved at a terminal in or near the final location.
- Door to door shipping is when the motorcycle is picked up and dropped off at addresses specified by the motorcycle's owner.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.