What is BBB Car Transport?
Finding an auto transport company with a great reputation isn’t as difficult as one might assume. However, it is extremely important to find a transporter with the right qualities and a good rep or you may fall victim to a scam. Using the wrong transporter to deliver your car could lead to damages as well as monetary loss. For new shipping customers, there are several ways to tell a skilled car shipping company from one you shouldn’t trust.
One of the leading ways to tell whether or not an auto transport company is worthy of shipping your car is through BBB approval. The Better Business Bureau is an agency that sets the standards for ethical behavior for all businesses. Their network allows individuals to file complaints against a company due to their lack of professionalism. If a company maintains a high BBB rating, it is likely a reliable source to go through for services. Through the BBB’s website, you should have the ability to look up specific transport companies to read over reviews left by previous customers.
Other Qualities that Prove a Transport Company’s Dependability
- They’ll have the latest, high quality shipping equipment, gear and technology. They should have both ground and overseas transport methods available.
- As required and set by the state, the transporter must carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage for each shipping customer.
- As a longstanding transport company with international shipping options, they should have no issues in helping you to comply with foreign import policies if you intend to ship your car to another nation.
- They’ll provide guidance during the entire process of shipping your vehicle. They will make it easy for you to contact them at any time to ask questions.
- They offer multiple shipping methods and services to help appeal to all your needs. Some transporters will even modify your transport according to your preferences.
- They have positive reviews, ratings and testimonials left online (aside from the BBB) by past customers.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.