Every country has its own set of rules and regulations for allowing auto import. Some countries are extremely strict and the duties are very high, while others are just the opposite.
That’s why it’s important to hire a reputable transport company to ship your car from the U.S.A. to Argentina. They can help you gather all of the proof needed to make sure that your car is approved by Customs for import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After you had already scheduled to ship your car to Argentina through professionals, start paying off the duties and tariffs. You will need proof that they were paid to show the Customs office when you go up there.
- 5% tariff for cars.
- 5-21.5% tariff for trucks.
- Provincial sales taxes.
- 21% VAT for cars.
- 5% VAT for trucks.
- 6-8% additional VAT.
- 5% duty surcharge.
- 3% statistical tax.
- 3% advanced profit tax.
Another part of preparing for transport is by making sure that the vehicle complies with the import policy. This could be extremely simple or very difficult. It truly depends on the country’s laws and what type of vehicle you want to ship. Argentina has only a couple restrictions, but they can make it harder to get a car imported.
- All used vehicles are banned from entering the country.
- An import license is required.
The Embassy of Argentina can provide the current auto import restrictions and information. Give them a call a few weeks before the planned transport. You will need enough time to collect and prepare the documents for the Customs office where you gain import approval.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?