Yacht Shipping by Road
Finding the best and most affordable yacht shipping services for state to state or cross country delivery is actually easier than you might assume. Most boat transporters and towing services try to keep their rates low while offering a variety of shipping services to appeal to all those interested in ground transport yacht delivery.
Many boat enthusiasts use professional transport services to lessen the risks involved and to assure the safe delivery of their yacht.
Preparing the Yacht for Ground Transport
- Clean your yacht out, removing any and all hazardous materials including fuel, oil, paint, etc.
- Make sure all latches and hatches are fastened and secured tightly. You can use zip ties, rope or tape to ensure that they are reinforced. If poor weather exists during the transport, this will ensure water doesn’t seep through.
- Remove any valuables, anchors, or loose items from the yacht before the transport.
- Close and lock down all windows and doors. This includes any cabinets or indoor attachments that could open while your yacht is making its way to its new home.
- Secure loose gears and cables inside and outside of the yacht.
- Make sure the yacht and any of its features don’t exceed 13ft in height. If the yacht is larger than this, special equipment might be necessary and the cost of your transport might go up.
- Disable all electrical and gas powered appliances and equipment. Also disconnect the yacht’s batteries.
- Have all necessary documentation ready for the transport company on the day they’re due to arrive.
Door to Door Delivery
In most situations, it is best to have the transport company pick up the yacht from a specific address and have it dropped off at the address it is to be delivered. Terminal to terminal delivery is much more difficult especially for an inexperienced individual. Whether the yacht is to be delivered to a storage unit, a dock or a home, the transporters will be happy to pick it up with their state-of-the-art hauler designed to safely transport any type of water vessel.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.