How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Bhutan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping your motorcycle to Bhutan would be in the range of $1, 450 to $2,200.
- The cost may vary due to the additional taxes and chosen method of shipment
Located on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, Bhutan is a Buddhist kingdom that is popular for the dramatic mountainous landscapes and monasteries. It is bordered by Indian and China and is a landlocked country. All freight shipments are received at the Indian port of Kolkata and then driven over to Bhutan by land based transport carriers. When you are shipping your motorcycle to Bhutan from USA, there are various aspects to consider.
One of the main aspects is to work with an international shipping service, such as our company, A-1 Auto Transport service. The benefit is that we are conversant with all aspects of the custom requirements of the Bhutanese government, as we have been shipping cars, motorcycles and other vehicles to the beautiful kingdom of Bhutan for over 20 years. From picking your motorcycle from your doorstep to delivering it at the new destination in Bhutan, we’ll do it all. However, it is important to have the documents in order so that there is no delay in verification and validation of the motorcycle shipment.
Essential Documents for shipment
It is important to remember that you need a license to import issued by the Bhutanese government authority before you can import your motorcycle. As per the Bhutan Revenue and Customs Office, some of the vital documents that are needed include:
- Original certificate of registration
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Proof of insurance
- Purchase invoice
- Owner’s passport and license
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
We ensure that all transit procedures are taken care of by our company. When you work with us, our shipping agents help you at every step to ensure that the freight shipping till Kolkata and land transportation to Bhutan is completed properly. You need to contact the Embassy of Bhutan in USA to get further information about shipping your motorcycle.
Shipping Your Motorcycle to Bhutan
Before you ship your motorcycle, it is important that you are aware of the shipment cost. This includes dimensions of the vehicle, location or pickup point, final destination city and the selected method of shipping.
One of the key aspects is to ensure that the VIN number is clearly visible to the Customs officials and the shipping agents. Irrespective of whether you need to ship a Harley Davidson, Duke, Triumph or just your standard Yamaha, if you need it protected, it is bets to spend a little more and get it crated. This will prevent any dings and scratches that may happen during transit. If you are moving your household goods along with the motorcycle, container shipping in individual containers work best. However, if you just need to ship a crated motorcycle, sharing a container makes better sense, but if budget is an issue, you can opt for Roll-on/Roll-Off. Additionally, if you need the motorcycle in Bhutan and cost is not an issue at all, you can opt for air shipping. For more information about the latest regulations and taxes in Bhutan, give us a call today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory