Although it is lawful for a person to transport an ATV in the back of a truck if the tailgate still closes, all long distance or cross country trips are safest handled by professionals. Not only do they have more experience, but they have the latest transport technology and equipment to ensure the safe delivery of your ATV.
Shipping services are priced reasonably and you’ll have many options to help you find something within your budget.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, AVT Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
What Am I Responsible For?
Once your ATV’s transport is booked with a reliable shipping company, you’ll have a few responsibilities to take care of. These are simple tasks, but completing them is important in a successful cross country delivery.
- Gather all required documents for the transporter. They’ll tell you what they need when you call to schedule your transport for the ATV.
- Wash the ATV to get rid of any dirt or debris on it. Have the vehicle ready and in its best condition for its delivery.
- Check all lights to make sure they work properly.
- Make sure all tires are filled with air.
- Look for fluid leaks and other damage that are potentially hazardous.
- Only leave ¼ a tank of gas or less in the ATV.
For Peace of Mind…
To guarantee their shipping services, a longstanding transporter will offer free insurance coverage to all customers. Although it is safe to ship an ATV through professionals due to their experience and transport technology, you should have the vehicle insured while it is transported. Ask your transporter about their insurance policy to learn what kind of protection your vehicle will receive.