- Irrigation Equipment Transport Services
- Cost Shipping Factors For Irrigation Equipment
- What To Look For In A Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
- Preparing Your Irrigation Equipment For Shipping
- Get In Touch With A-1 To Ship Your Irrigation Equipment
Irrigation Equipment Transport Services
The cost of shipping irrigation equipment is influenced by certain factors. Because each irrigation equipment transport project is unique, the price will vary depending on how these factors affect your project. Even though you may have the means to ship your irrigation equipment across short distances, for long-distance transport, you'll need the help of a heavy agricultural machinery transport company, and that is where we at A-1 Auto Transport come in.
Cost Shipping Factors for Irrigation Equipment
Each irrigation equipment transport is different, and that is why we recommend giving us a call for a customized shipping quote. These are some factors we consider before we can tailor a quote that suits your requirements:
- Distance is a significant factor that we consider when tailoring a farm equipment transport shipping quote. The distance between the origin and destination will affect the cost of shipping your irrigation or other agricultural equipment.
- Your irrigation equipment specifications are also something we look at before we can fix a price. The heavier and bigger it is, the more it'll cost to transport.
- The transport method you select for your irrigation equipment shipping is another factor we take into account before we tailor a price. We offer several shipping options, and each of them costs differently.
- We also take into account the shipping deadline for your irrigation equipment transport. Projects that require faster delivery will cost more.
What to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Shipping Company
When choosing a heavy farm equipment hauling company, there are certain boxes they'll need to check before you should consider hiring their services. One of these boxes is the experience level. Because shipping heavy equipment is not the same as shipping any other kind of vehicle, you'll need a company with reliable transportation services and extensive knowledge in heavy equipment shipping.
Another box you'll need them to check is the insurance factor. Because of the cost of most heavy equipment and how important it is to the smooth sailing of a business, insurance is a very important factor that you cannot overlook. While it may be challenging to find out if a company offers a legally-mandated level of insurance online, the shipper should be able to provide this information.
Preparing Your Irrigation Equipment for Shipping
Follow these tips when getting your irrigation equipment ready for domestic or international transport:
- Ensure that you obtain the proper paperwork before shipping
- Check the owner's permits to find the right way to prepare your irrigation equipment for transport. Some irrigation equipment comes with particular guidelines for preparation.
- If you're shipping via the open-air method, you'll need to secure the vulnerable parts of your irrigation equipment. That is because the open-air process exposes your equipment to weather conditions during shipping.
- Ensure to inspect the equipment before transport for safety concerns
- Ensure to drain all fluids in the irrigation equipment before transport
Get In Touch with A-1 to Ship Your Irrigation Equipment
Are you ready to transport your irrigation equipment? Contact A-1 Auto Transport at 1-888-230-9116 to get your free shipping estimate for safe and reliable nationwide transport services.
Frequently Asked Questions
The average cost to ship irrigation equipment varies from state to state, even if the factors that a company considers remain the same. First, the distance matters because most transport companies charge customers per mile.
This means that a vast distance means a higher price. However, aspects like the weather and traffic can also indirectly drive up the price because they cause the truck to use more fuel. Heavy traffic means the car uses more power, and the price increases.
If you want expedited shipping for your equipment, you'll have to pay the company extra because they have to adjust their schedule to accommodate you.
Depending on the weight, irrigation equipment is transported on a flatbed trailer. A large flatbed can hold up to 40,000 pounds and is over 50 feet long, making it suitable for most models. Since no boundaries get in the loaders' way, they can easily balance the equipment on it.
Loaders put up a ramp against the trailer, and a driver loads the equipment onto the carrier, focusing attention on the balance and position.
If the weight is over 46,000 pounds, it becomes an oversized load, and a lowboy or step-deck trailer is the better choice for the movers since it's designed lower to the ground so that it can provide better support during the journey.
We can't give an exact number without a quote because the costs vary according to the situation, even within the USA or a particular state. Even the per-mile price is different depending on your pickup and drop-off location.
If the distance between the two points is vast, it'll take longer for the driver to reach you. But at the same time, if the roads are clear, they may get faster.
Other factors can also affect the total time, including the weather and traffic conditions. Both of these can cause delays during the delivery, so it's best to hire a shipping company before time.
This will ensure no issues at your work because of delayed delivery after shipping equipment. A company can't predict certain variables even if it provides the driver with an optimized route.
Irrigation system equipment consists of several small parts, and even if you're experienced using them on a farm, it's still not advisable to transport them over a long distance on your own.
The most significant reason is that there's always a difference between an average individual and an experienced transport company because they understand the nuisance involved when transporting heavy machinery.
A company must load irrigation machinery carefully so there's no damage during the journey. If the load is comprehensive, they'll send an experienced driver to ensure there are no accidents during the delivery because handling it is more complicated.