The process of shipping a car to Latvia from the United States isn’t something that an unqualified individual can handle. There is a lot involved in the process of shipping a car overseas.
Ships, transport equipment and a history in the industry are all necessary if a car is to reach its destination safely, lawfully and affordably.
Every country has its own set of import laws. Some countries carry much stricter policies, making it difficult to achieve all that is requested by Customs. The Customs office is where the shipping customer can obtain the certificate of import approval. They’ll give you this certificate after you hand them the documentation requested. Your transport experts will help you understand the regulations on import for the nation as you gather the proof needed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Latvia’s Motor Vehicle Regulations.
- Provide all forms of proof to Customs:
- Vehicle’s Original Title and Registration.
- Original Purchase Invoice.
- Import License.
- Driver’s License and Passport.
- Temporary auto imports are allowed in the country for one year.
- Any vehicles shipping to Latvia that is younger than 7 years of age must pay a 10% duty and a 10% VAT.
- All vehicles over the age of 7 years must pay an 18% VAT.
- Imported motor vehicles must be registered under the shipper’s name and information.
- The taxes and duties associated with your vehicle import are based largely on the car’s value, make, model and age.
To confirm that the above regulations remain correct, call the Embassy of Latvia a few weeks in advance. The import laws for a nation change every so often. To stay up-to-date, the embassy is your best resource.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?