Shipping A Car To Trinidad
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most vehicles can be shipped to Trinidad from the U.S. for $1,100 to $3,600, with standard sized vehicles being on the lower end and larger vehicles on the higher side.
- Since Trinidad is on an island, there may be limited availability of shipping carriers to the area during certain times of the year, which can influence the price.
Trinidad is located in the Caribbean Sea, not far from Venezuela. It has a booming economy and peaceful international relations with Venezuela, Mexico, Jamaica, Spain, Columbia, Russia, China, Brazil and the United States. Because of these relations, there are many diplomats both of Trinidadian origin and foreign soil that call Trinidad their home.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Process of shipping car
This is of important to the residents of Trinidad that they have a secure and simple import/export process regarding the valuables of both their citizens and visitors. When it comes to shipping cars and other automobiles to this island there are only a few things that are needed to do so. After the initial applications are submitted, proffering of needed documents and meeting the qualifications of the regulations is all that is left. Though there is less stringent documentation that is required from returning citizens, everyone is offered the same benefits and opportunities.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Trinidad
- Work Permit (Non-Resident)
- Customs Bond
- Cash Deposit
- Import License
- Proof of Overseas Residence
- Bill of lading
- Registration certificate
These documents are mandatory for the shipment of all possessions, not just limited to automobiles. For someone who needs to ship their vehicle to Trinidad, they must also supply proof that they are owners.
Proof of Car/auto ownership (minimum 6-months):
As part of the regulations, the owner must be able to show legal documentation and proof that they have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months. They must also pay any applicable fees (VAT, duty, miscellaneous tax). It is required that they are present at the time of shipment and delivery. They are also legally bound to retain ownership of said vehicle for at least two years after relocation to Trinidad. This means that they cannot sell the vehicle for at least two years. If the owner is a returning citizen, it is required that they have lived a minimum of 5 years overseas. When the car is being shipped from the US to Trinidad, the list of documents that are needed include:
- Title deed
- Bill of Sale or Invoice
- Proof of Insurance
- Owner’s ID including passport and Driver’s license
- Standard custom clearance certificate
For anyone shipping their possessions to Trinidad, including a car or other vehicles including motorcycles, SUVs, vans there are various other contingencies to adhere to:
- Car/Automobile must arrive in Trinidad within two months of the person.
- All shipments must be inspected at the container examination station and cleared for entrance into the country.
- The owner must be present at the time of clearance.
- Taxes and duties differ depending on citizenship status.
It can take months to complete the necessary paperwork and obtain copies of the necessary proofs. When planning a move to Trinidad, it is important to begin the process of applying to ship possessions before you have actually moved. This will shorten the length of time before receiving your shipments once you have relocated. Again, there is a time limit to when you can receive shipped items after you have moved into the country.
While there are two types of shipping methods- Roll on/Roll Off and putting your car into a secure container. Ro-Ro method is cheaper but the vehicle is exposed to the weather conditions as it is placed on the ship deck while the containers are closed with the car inside. Shipping cars in 20 feet or 40 feet containers have a higher safety but come at a higher price tag.
If this time limit is passed, you may be subject to not only other terms and conditions but also other fees and taxes. It will save you a lot of money if you begin the shipment process as soon as possible. Contact the local US embassy to be sure that shipping regulations haven’t changed. Things like this change often and it will speed up the process if you have all of the updated information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?