Shipping A Car To Trinidad
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most vehicles can be shipped to Trinidad from the U.S. for $1,100 to $3,600, with standard sized vehicles being on the lower end and larger vehicles on the higher side.
- Since Trinidad is on an island, there may be limited availability of shipping carriers to the area during certain times of the year, which can influence the price.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Trinidad
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Port of Spain||$275||$2,200||5+9|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Port of Spain||$350||$2,900||5+18|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Port of Spain||$450||$2,900||5+18|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Port of Spain||$475||$2,900||6+18|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Port of Spain||$550||$2,900||6+18|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Port of Spain||$550||$2,200||5+9|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Port of Spain||$575||$2,200||6+9|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Port of Spain||$675||$2,200||6+9|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Port of Spain||$925||$2,200||7+9|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Port of Spain||$1,025||$2,900||7+18|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Trinidad is located in the Caribbean Sea, not far from Venezuela. It has a booming economy and peaceful international relations with Venezuela, Mexico, Jamaica, Spain, Columbia, Russia, China, Brazil and the United States. Because of these relations, there are many diplomats both of Trinidadian origin and foreign soil that call Trinidad their home.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Trinidad.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Process of shipping car
This is of importance to the residents of Trinidad that they have a secure and simple import/export process regarding the valuables of both their citizens and visitors. When it comes to shipping cars and other automobiles to this island there are only a few things that are needed to do so. After the initial applications are submitted, proffering of needed documents and meeting the qualifications of the regulations is all that is left. Though there is less stringent documentation that is required from returning citizens, everyone is offered the same benefits and opportunities.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Trinidad
- Work Permit (Non-Resident)
- Customs Bond
- Cash Deposit
- Import License
- Proof of Overseas Residence
- Bill of lading
- Registration certificate
These documents are mandatory for the shipment of all possessions, not just limited to automobiles. For someone who needs to ship their vehicle to Trinidad, they must also supply proof that they are owners.
Proof of Car/auto ownership (minimum 6-months)
As part of the regulations, the owner must be able to show legal documentation and proof that they have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months. They must also pay any applicable fees (VAT, duty, miscellaneous tax). It is required that they are present at the time of shipment and delivery. They are also legally bound to retain ownership of said vehicle for at least two years after relocation to Trinidad. This means that they cannot sell the vehicle for at least two years. If the owner is a returning citizen, it is required that they have lived a minimum of 5 years overseas. When the car is being shipped from the US to Trinidad, the list of documents that are needed include:
- Title deed
- Bill of Sale or Invoice
- Proof of Insurance
- Owner’s ID including passport and Driver’s license
- Standard custom clearance certificate
For anyone shipping their possessions to Trinidad, including a car or other vehicles including motorcycles, SUVs, vans there are various other contingencies to adhere to:
- Car/Automobile must arrive in Trinidad within two months of the person.
- All shipments must be inspected at the container examination station and cleared for entrance into the country.
- The owner must be present at the time of clearance.
- Taxes and duties differ depending on citizenship status.
It can take months to complete the necessary paperwork and obtain copies of the necessary proofs. When planning a move to Trinidad, it is important to begin the process of applying to ship possessions before you have actually moved. This will shorten the length of time before receiving your shipments once you have relocated. Again, there is a time limit to when you can receive shipped items after you have moved into the country.
While there are two types of shipping methods- Roll on/Roll Off and putting your car into a secure container. Ro-Ro method is cheaper but the vehicle is exposed to the weather conditions as it is placed on the ship deck while the containers are closed with the car inside. Shipping cars in 20 feet or 40 feet containers have a higher safety but come at a higher price tag.
If this time limit is passed, you may be subject to not only other terms and conditions but also other fees and taxes. It will save you a lot of money if you begin the shipment process as soon as possible. Contact the local US embassy to be sure that shipping regulations haven’t changed. Things like this change often and it will speed up the process if you have all of the updated information.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Trinidad
There’s absolutely no greater way to have heavy equipment or oversized cargo shipped out of the United States and to the nation of your choice than by hiring experienced international transporters. By hiring a reliable shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport, you can expect that your cargo will arrive in Trinidad safe and sound at very little cost to you. With access to the greatest quality shipping equipment and most current shipping technologies, we are confident that we can ship your heavy equipment to another nation successfully.
Here is a list of some of the types of oversized cargo and heavy equipment we can ship outside of the U.S.…
- Pontoon Boats
- Agricultural Equipment
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Log Loaders
- Pneumatic Rollers
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Construction Equipment and Materials
- Crawler Loaders
- Farm Equipment
- Heavy Trucks
- Industrial Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Trenchers and more…
International Transport Methods for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo
The shipping methods offered to you through A1 highly depend on what type of heavy or oversized cargo you have to ship to Trinidad. Since each shipping method is priced accordingly, our customer service representatives will help you decide what shipping methods are wisest for your future transport. Here are the four shipping options we have to offer...
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Container Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
Our open air shipping methods include flat rack, RoRo and LoLo. Although your cargo is left open to outside elements during its shipping process, we do add on free insurance protection to each of our customers’ shipping service packages. If our coverage doesn’t protect the full value of your cargo, we do offer extra insurance protection at an additional cost. You may also take advantage of container shipping for extra protection if your cargo can fit into a 40ft shipping container for its transport overseas.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago, (TT)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago, (TT)
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago, (TT)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August