Shipping Vehicles From Senegal To The United States
Shipping A Car To Senegal
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs from the U.S. to Senegal start at $2,200 for a basic, standard sized car and go up to $6,100 for larger vehicles, SUVs and trucks.
- The most cost-effective way to import a car into Senegal is by shipping container.
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, the country of Senegal has several nearby ports. The Port of Dakar is the largest and is located right on the border along the Atlantic Ocean. Having a personal vehicle transported to the Port of Dakar is possible with standard shipping methods.
The country of Senegal, part of Western Africa is a thriving nation compared to other countries in the continent. The climate in Senegal is tropical with only two seasons, the dry season and the rainy season which can be harsh on vehicles and roadways, making public transportation rather insufficient compared to the U.S.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
There are three methods of vehicle importing, yet only two of them are practical for most. The least practical method is air shipping. What makes air shipping impractical is the cost. It is extremely expensive and not many are able to afford the exporting costs.
Container shipping is very logical, while it is more expensive than the roll on, roll off method of shipping, it allows the owner of the vehicle to ship other property along with the vehicle. The vehicle itself can be filled with belongings and so can the container. There are several container sizes to choose from and a container can be shared with another person which will help to decrease the cost.
The other method of shipping, RO/RO, is the roll on, roll off method. This requires the vehicle to have nothing else in it, but a car jack, floor mats and a spare tire. The vehicle must be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Senegal
- Title & proof of ownership
- Certificate of Registration
- Receipt of Purchase/invoice
- Proof of Senegalese insurance
- Certificate of non-sale
- Change of residence certificate
Regulations are subject to change at any time. Always check with Customs to obtain current laws on importation.
Senegal is fortunate to have established roadways, unlike many of its surrounding countries. It has highways, national roads and regional roads. There are public and private roads for use and many of them are paved. The extensive roadways lead to all of the surrounding countries and all major towns.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!