Shipping Vehicles From Senegal To The United States
Shipping A Car To Senegal
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs from the U.S. to Senegal start at $2,200 for a basic, standard sized car and go up to $6,100 for larger vehicles, SUVs, and trucks.
- The most cost-effective way to import a car into Senegal is by shipping container.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Senegal
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Dakar||$200||$4,400||5+52|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Dakar||$350||$4,400||5+52|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Dakar||$450||$4,400||5+52|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Dakar||$550||$4,400||6+52|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Dakar||$550||$3,300||5+24|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Dakar||$575||$3,300||6+24|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Dakar||$700||$3,300||6+24|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Dakar||$775||$4,400||7+52|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Dakar||$800||$3,300||6+24|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Dakar||$925||$3,300||7+24|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, the country of Senegal has several nearby ports. The Port of Dakar is the largest and is located right on the border along the Atlantic Ocean. Having a personal vehicle transported to the Port of Dakar is possible with standard shipping methods.
The country of Senegal, part of Western Africa is a thriving nation compared to other countries in the continent. The climate in Senegal is tropical with only two seasons, the dry season and the rainy season which can be harsh on vehicles and roadways, making public transportation rather insufficient compared to the U.S.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are three methods of vehicle importing, yet only two of them are practical for most. The least practical method is air shipping. What makes air shipping impractical is the cost. It is extremely expensive and not many are able to afford the exporting costs.
Container shipping is very logical, while it is more expensive than the roll on, roll off method of shipping, it allows the owner of the vehicle to ship other property along with the vehicle. The vehicle itself can be filled with belongings and so can the container. There are several container sizes to choose from and a container can be shared with another person which will help to decrease the cost.
The other method of shipping, RO/RO, is the roll on, roll off method. This requires the vehicle to have nothing else in it, but a car jack, floor mats and a spare tire. The vehicle must be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Senegal
- Title & proof of ownership
- Certificate of Registration
- Receipt of Purchase/invoice
- Proof of Senegalese insurance
- Certificate of non-sale
- Change of residence certificate
Regulations are subject to change at any time. Always check with Customs to obtain current laws on importation.
Senegal is fortunate to have established roadways, unlike many of its surrounding countries. It has highways, national roads, and regional roads. There are public and private roads for use and many of them are paved. The extensive roadways lead to all of the surrounding countries and all major towns.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Senegal
Shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo from the U.S. to Senegal is a big job, quite literally! When you’re moving parts and components of that magnitude there is quite a bit to consider and it’s important to know your options. At A-1, we will go over your shipping needs and get your freight on its way, minus the stress. The great thing is, that we can ship just about everything under the sun, from agricultural and industrial equipment to large vehicles and supply loads. We are consistently shipping overseas and have recent experience shipping some of the follow large and oversized freight:
Backhoes Track Loaders Graders Planars
Trenchers Scalpers Yachts Semi Trailers
Mowers Air Drills Excavators RV’s
Scissors Boom Lifts Combines Engines
And much more!
What Are Some Shipping Options To Senegal?
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo) is a traditional form of transport for immobile cargo like boats, crated supplies, or machinery. A bit costlier than container and RoRo shipping due to the use of a crane and the specificity involved.
- Roll On/Roll Off, also known as RoRo Shipping is the most wallet friendly way to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo overseas. Given that your freight is wheeled and operable, it will be guided within the ship’s hull. This method requires the use of a ship’s ramp to and from the vessel. There are height restrictions depending on the vessel’s hull size to consider as well
- Flat Rack shipping is a form of shipping that allows flexibility when it comes to your oversized freight. Coming in variations of a flat rack, or a framed shipping container with open walls. This type of shipping exposes your cargo to the elements and you may want to consider having it shrink wrapped.
- Container shipping is what most folks are familiar with as it’s commonplace to see ships stacked high with containers. As far as oversized cargo is concerned, 40ft shipping containers may be too small for most large shipping purposes. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we have available as it will protect and insulate your cargo.