- Car Shipping Papua New Guinea
- Importing a Vehicle to the Island of Papua New Guinea From the United States
- Shipping A Car To Papua New Guinea
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Papua New Guinea
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Information in Regards to Papua New Guinea Local Travel
- Concerns with Shipping a Personal Vehicle
- Reasons to Ship a Vehicle to Papua New Guinea
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Papua New Guinea
- Shipping Methods RO/RO and Container Shipping
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Papua New Guinea
- Choosing an Overseas Shipping Method through A1 Auto Transport
- Other Services
- Related Information & FAQs
Car Shipping Papua New Guinea
Importing a Vehicle to the Island of Papua New Guinea From the United States
Shipping A Car To Papua New Guinea
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Papua New Guinea from the U.S. is $2,600 to $5,200 depending on the type of car and the availability of transport carriers going to the area.
- Since New Guinea is an island, there are limited routes comparative to other countries around the world.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Papua New Guinea
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Madang
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Port Moresby
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Rabaul
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Madang
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Port Moresby
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Port Moresby
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Rabaul
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Madang
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Rabaul
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Port Moresby
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
- *Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When shipping a car internationally, RO/RO and container shipping are your best bets when heading to Papua New Guinea. Having your own car is a huge help while staying in Papua for a lengthy period of time or relocating there permanently. However, unless you're in Indonesia on an extended diplomatic mission, bringing a car into the country is frowned upon and will be a challenge. To comply with all import regulations, expert advice is required.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Information in Regards to Papua New Guinea Local Travel
Papua New Guinea consists largely of the western half of the island of New Guinea. It is a province of Indonesia and can be difficult to travel to if large possessions are needing to be shipped, such as a vehicle. Otherwise, arriving by plane or boat isn't a concern.
Concerns with Shipping a Personal Vehicle
There are several concerns with transporting a personal vehicle to the island of New Guinea. You will want to thoroughly consider whether having a vehicle shipped there is of importance to you. Here are some of the major concerns:
- Indonesia doesn't want their travelers to import a vehicle unless strict guidelines are met.
- The tropical weather in Papua can wear on a car more quickly than here in the U.S.
- The humidity, strong winds, and extreme weather make maintaining a vehicle's health more difficult. It also makes the island's roadways more prone to deterioration.
Reasons to Ship a Vehicle to Papua New Guinea
Considering there are various reasons to refrain from transporting your vehicle to Papua, there are also some verifiable reasons why having your own vehicle would be beneficial.
- Having your own vehicle allows you to travel more rapidly, usually reaching your destination quicker.
- Purchasing a vehicle in Indonesia can be more costly than it is in the U.S., due to the fees associated with the region.
- Public transportation is accessible but not nearlyas reliable as having your own vehicle.
- You will have the freedom of traveling immediately to wherever you may need or want to go.
- You can avoid currency issues and language barriers that come with public transit.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Papua New Guinea
- Purchase invoice
- Bill of lading
- Work or residence permit
- Packing list
- Value declaration from customs
- Certificate of origin
- Import permit
Shipping Methods: RO/RO and Container Shipping
Seeing as Papua is a part of the island of New Guinea, there are many ports available. RO/RO shipping and container shipping are the most frequently used methods of shipping internationally. There is air shipping, but it is very expensive and nearly impractical.
RO/RO shipping is a roll on, roll off method. The vehicle rolls right onto the ship and right off of the ship. The vehicle must remain empty to be shipped.
Container shipping is a little more costly than RO/RO but it allows you to fill your vehicle with belongings. Your vehicle will be put into a container on the ship. The container is large enough to fit more belongings outside of the vehicle. When traveling to Papua with others, the container can be split. Another person can use the same container for belongings and you can have them split the costs of shipping.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Papua New Guinea
A1 Auto Transport offers heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping from the United States to nearly anywhere in the world even to Papua New Guinea. On a regular basis, we transport all types of cargo for our customers, both nationally and internationally. This means we must have access to the highest quality and most modern shipping equipment and technology. Due to our wonderful reputation in the industry, long standing history, and strong connections, we have been able to successfully deliver oversized cargo and goods all around the globe for over 30 years. Here are some types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can deliver for you:
- Rock Breakers
- Concrete Pumps
- Combine Harvesters
- Dump Trucks
- Asphalt Pavers
- Motor Graders
Choosing an Overseas Shipping Method through A1 Auto Transport
When you describe your equipment to our shipping specialists over the phone, we will inform you of your options and what we feel is best for your cargo’s travels to Papua New Guinea. Of course, that’s after you give us a little information regarding the kind of cargo you desire to have delivered. To learn more about our transport services before you call in, continue to read below.
- Lift On/Lift Off Transport- A crane will safely lift your heavy equipment onto and off of the water vessel dedicated to this type of shipping. This open air service is available to anyone with crated equipment, construction materials, or inoperable vehicles.
- Roll On/Roll Off Transport- Unfortunately, not all sea ports except cargo shipped through this method of transport, it is the most popular and inexpensive option. With this method, ground transport may also be necessary to complete the delivery. RoRo shipping is only available to those with operable equipment and vehicles.
- Container Shipping- As the priciest of all the shipping options, this method offers the most safety as long as your heavy cargo can fit snugly into a 40ft shipping container. This enclosed service is only available to those shipping equipment that can fit inside the container comfortably.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air service secures your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the ship for its transport to Papua New Guinea. If poor weather is in the forecast, we may shrink wrap your cargo.