Mozambique’s largest suburb of Maputa, the port city of Matola is one of the most populated areas in the country. Additionally, it is the administrative center of the Maputo province and is the largest industrial area in Mozambique.
Irrespective of the reason you are moving to Matola from USA, it is essential to have your personal vehicle with you so that you can commute quickly and safely in the city. However, the condition of roads isn’t great and the vehicle might need regular maintenance as many roads are unpaved.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping a vehicle to Matola is comparatively simple when you work with a company that is experienced in international auto shipping. At A1 Auto Transport, we do it every day and understand all aspects of moving a vehicle to Mozambique as we have transported hundreds of vehicles from USA to the various African countries in the last few years.
With plenty of ports in Mozambique, shipping by Roll-on/Roll-Off and container shipping is convenient. Thus, depending upon your requirements and budget you can pick any of the two methods. The basic difference lies in the fact that when you ship by RORO, the vehicle is secured on an open deck while in container shipping it is secured within the large container. Additionally, when you ship by RORO you need to send an empty vehicle but when you send the vehicle through container shipping you are allowed to ship household and personal belongings along with it.
However, it is important that the owner is present when the vehicle arrives in Matola as he port does not store vehicles. Mozambique Customs will clear it only when all documentation is complete and import fees has been paid. Some important aspects of the taxes and regulations include:
- Custom tax ranges from 10% to more.
- Shippers need to apply at Mozambique Intertek Office for the MOZ number.
- New and used vehicle imports require the Pre-declaration and Circulation Permit.
- Export-import license is needed.
- Vehicle will be inspected by the Intertek.
There are many documents that have to be submitted to legalize the transfer of vehicle. You need to submit:
- Bill of Lading.
- List of packed items in English and Portuguese.
- Invoices of the imported items/vehicle.
- Freight invoice.
- Insurance documents.
- Passport of the owner.
To ensure that you have not missed any procedure or documents, it is best to contact the Embassy of Mozambique before the vehicle is shipped out of USA. It is essential to complete the procedures and get the permits so that there are no delays.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?