Shipping A Car To The Marshall Islands
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car from the U.S. to the Marshall Islands will generally cost from $2,300 to $5,400, depending on the type of size of the vehicle.
- Certain times of year may be more affordable than others, especially if you find a shipper with an available spot or it’s a popular delivery timeframe.
The Marshall Islands is a country island located in the Pacific Ocean. The beaches there are very desirable and in 2011, a shark sanctuary was also declared. People come from all over to reside and visit the Marshall Islands.
It doesn’t matter why you intend on residing there, although many come for study. Having a personal vehicle to travel the island will be very useful to you. It is much easier to travel this way although public transportation is available. A personal vehicle will help you to avoid any language or currency barriers.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Shipping to Marshall Islands
When you want to import a vehicle to the Marshall Islands, contact the Embassy of Marshall Islands to become updated on the current policies for vehicle shipment. Policies can change at anytime so it is in your best interest to contact the Embassy of the Marshall Islands first. Even though there will be other requirements that will need to be addressed, one can assume that they will need specific documentation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Marshall Islands
- License, picture ID or passport
- Title and vehicle registration
- Proof of purchase
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of residency
- Bill of lading
- Passport and/or visa
Exporting Methods to Select From
There are several forms of shipping that a person can take advantage of. However, two of them are more reliable and cheaper than the others. Air shipping is only best for landlocked countries and is so expensive that not many can afford it.
The RO/RO shipping method is the least expensive. It requires that the vehicle is able to drive onto the ship as well as off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. This method isn’t permitted by all seaports so make sure that there is one close enough to you that is willing to accept the RO/RO shipping method.
Container shipping is when the vehicle is placed inside a large container aboard a ship. The container and the vehicle can possess other belongings as long as they are accepted by the country’s Customs. When choosing the container method of shipment, consider sharing the container with another individual to help ease the costs.
The owner of the vehicle must be present at the time of the vehicles arrival at port. A port will not hold a vehicle for the owner so arranging transportation to the port will be necessary.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!