- Car Shipping Kosovo
- Ship Your Car To Or From Kosovo
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Kosovo
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kosovo
- Motor Vehicle Regulations In Kosovo
- Types Of Shipping Available
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kosovo
- Choosing An Overseas Shipping Method
- Other Services
Car Shipping Kosovo
Ship Your Car To Or From Kosovo
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most car shipping costs to Kosovo from the U.S. are from $2,100 to $4,500.
- This price range represents the most common costs for regular sized cars being transported in a shipping container, while other methods of transport may cost more.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kosovo
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Pristina||$275||$3,800||5+37|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Pristina||$350||$2,800||5+23|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Pristina||$450||$2,800||5+23|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Pristina||$475||$2,800||6+23|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Pristina||$550||$2,800||6+23|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Pristina||$550||$3,800||5+37|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Pristina||$575||$3,800||6+37|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Pristina||$675||$3,800||6+37|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Pristina||$925||$3,800||7+37|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Pristina||$1,025||$2,800||7+23|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When you need to ship a vehicle to Kosovo, it isn’t the same as shipping it across the United States from state to state. There are documents that must be filled out and identification and paperwork that will have to be turned in prior to shipping. All U.S. residents who drive in Kosovo must have a U.S. driver’s license. Most main roads, including the mountain roads, are very narrow and not in very good shape. Potholes are abundant on many of the main roads, and traffic can be very dangerous at times. During the winter months, fog can be extremely dense and motorists often find it difficult to drive.
Prior to shipping a vehicle to Kosovo, you will need to fill out mandatory paperwork and provide documents to the shipping company you hire to transport your car. The shipping company agent will go over the types of shipping available as well as the cost. Since Kosovo is landlocked, the only port available to use for shipping is in Albania. When your vehicle has been removed from the port in Albania and is driven to Kosovo, you will need to purchase a third-party insurance plan locally as the law requires when you reach the border crossing. When you import a car into Kosovo, you will need to be with your car at the customs check to clear it for entry into the country. Clearance can take up to five days when coming through customs.
To find more information on customs regulations and requirements you can check with the U.S. Border and Protection Agency and they will be happy to help you with the information you may need to know. They can also direct you to any customs paperwork and forms that may need to be filled out prior to shipping.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kosovo
- Certificate of Title.
- Driver’s License.
- Bill of Sale or a Value Appraisal.
- Paperwork showing that you are the original owner of the vehicle.
- Passport or a copy of your passport.
- Registration card (original).
- Vehicle spec information.
The shipping company may also have you sign a Power of Attorney if you will need them to pick your car up or deliver it when it reaches the port of entry to be driven into Kosovo. Vehicles being imported into Kosovo cannot be older than 6 years old and all vehicle will have to pay a mandatory 11.5% customs fee as well as a 16% tax based on the minimum value of the vehicle.
Motor Vehicle Regulations in Kosovo
There are Motor Vehicle Regulations that are required to be observed while in Kosovo. Most are familiar for citizens of the United States, but some may not be. Here are the regulations for drivers to abide by at all times when driving their vehicle:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have passport.
- Must have insurance on vehicle.
- Must have a vehicle circulation permit (Registration).
- Must have vehicle disinfected at every border entrance coming into Kosovo.
You can visit the Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo website for further information on importing your vehicle and personal items allowed. You can also speak to your shipping agent and they can help you locate the paperwork you will need and will be able to answer any questions you may have about the shipping process, length of time it will take the car to be transported to Kosovo from the exit port in the United States, and the cost of shipping.
Prior to shipping, you will need to ensure that your car has been steam cleaned and that no personal items have been left inside. Leaving items in the car can slow down the time that it takes for customs to complete their clearance of a vehicle. Also, you will need to find out if fuel or other flammable materials will need to be drained if anything needs to be removed from the exterior of the vehicle before being loaded, the type of shipping you will be doing, and the total cost. One other very important aspect is to determine if you will be driving to the exit port and also from point of entry to Kosovo, or if you will need the shipping company to arrange pick-up and delivery for you. The shipping company will give you a quote in writing that will detail everything about shipping your car. The cost will vary depending on the type of shipping you decide on, vehicle delivery, and the size and weight of your vehicle. For more information on the cost of shipping, you can check this article that details the cost of exporting a car overseas.
Read more about Kosovo vehicle registration process here.
Types of Shipping Available
There are a few types of shipping available to transport your vehicle to Kosovo. The first type is called Ro-Ro Shipping. Ro-Ro Shipping is a type of shipping that allows the vehicle to be driven directly onto the carrier ship and secured in place for the overseas trip. Ro-Ro is the most inexpensive method of shipping a vehicle and is also the quickest by sea. Unless you need to ship other personal items along with your vehicle, Ro-Ro is usually the recommended way to ship a vehicle. If you have personal items that will need to be shipped with the vehicle, you can choose Container Shipping. When you use a container for shipping a vehicle, it is loaded into a freight container and loaded onto a carrier ship for travel overseas. Container shipping is more expensive than Ro-Ro shipping, but it is excellent when you need to ship personal items with your vehicle. The last way to ship your vehicle is by Air Shipping. With air shipping, your vehicle is loaded into a freight plane and flown to Kosovo. This is the fastest type of shipping when shipping a vehicle, and is also the most expensive. When you use air shipping you can also have personal items shipped with your vehicle.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kosovo
Only those with the right training and experience should oversee an overseas transport of heavy equipment or oversized cargo. It takes careful planning, durable shipping equipment, comprehension of foreign import policies, the latest transport technologies, and more to ensure a successful transport of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to Kosovo. Complying with foreign import policies is perhaps the biggest struggle you will face during the act of international shipping. You’ll need to gather all the right documents and proof such as a single administrative document (SAD), proof of residency, your cargo’s initial invoice, and more. Fortunately, at A1 Auto Transport, we know we can help. Here are some types of cargo we’re able to have shipped to other countries…
- Construction equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, rock breakers,concrete pumps, drillers, etc.
- Agricultural equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, skidders, etc.
- Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
Choosing an Overseas Shipping Method
When you describe your equipment to our representatives over the phone when you call to get your free estimate and schedule your shipping process, we will inform you of your options and what we feel is best for your cargo’s travels to Kosovo. Of course, that’s after you provide us with a little information regarding your cargo. To learn more about our transport services before you call in, continue to read below.
- Lift On/Lift Off Transport- With a crane we safely lift your heavy equipment onto and off of the boat. This shipping service is available to anyone with crated equipment or inoperable vehicles. Pipes and other large construction materials are also best shipped using this form of transport.
- Roll On/Roll Off Transport- Although not all sea ports except cargo shipped through this method of transport, it is the most popular and inexpensive option. With this method, ground transport may also be necessary to complete the delivery. RoRo shipping is only available to those with operable equipment and vehicles.
- Container Shipping- As the most expensive of the shipping options, this method offers the most safety as long as your heavy cargo can fit snugly into a 40ft shipping container.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air service secures your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the ship for its transport to South Korea. If poor weather is in the forecast, we may shrink wrap your cargo.