Situated on the banks of Dane River in Lithuania, Klaipeda is a picturesque city. Its location is exactly at the river mouth from where the water flows into Baltic Sea. The 3rd largest of all the cities in the country, it is capital of Klaipeda County. In spite of a comfortable and well-developed public transport system, there is nothing like having your own car to drive around as you please. Those who want to import their own vehicles need to meet the regulatory requirements besides presenting the relevant documents to the Lithuania Custom Department.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Consider the weather before shipping.
Fill out the necessary paperwork, send in the required documents, and pay the fees to make everything smooth and successful. Klaipeda enjoys a continental and maritime weather with rainy, cool summers. Winters on the other hand are extremely cold with freezing temperatures. Cloudy skies and rainfalls are a common occurrence in this country. Such weather conditions are more prevalent in the coastal region. As such, shipping your vehicles to Klaipeda is dependent on the vagaries of the weather to a certain extent. You need to consider this in mind when you plan to import your car to the Lithuania.
Steady increase in the presence of imported goods and tourism is improving the economy so this is a great time to settle or work in Klaipeda. There is a requirement to submit documents when you are importing your car. These include:
- vehicle registration from original country.
- title and ownership proof.
- residence permit and passport.
- invoice of vehicle purchase.
Customs page of official website in Lithuania will give you all the necessary details regarding paperwork and everything else. Finally, those who are not sure about the shipping status of their vehicle to Klaipeda, Lithuania may refer to the Title 19 of US Federal Regulations Code. Once your vehicle arrives in Lithuania there are certain procedures that you need to follow before taking the car home.
- pay required customs duty, along with associated fees and taxes.
- apply necessary modifications to the car and make these undergo proper testing.
- apply for identification registration of plate with approval from Lithuanian government.
You need to be there to take possession of your car once it arrives in the country. You may also authorize someone else to take your place in case you are unable to attend. Different transportation methods are available when it comes to shipping vehicles and this includes Roll on-Roll off method and container shipping.
When you opt for container shipping, you can select a 20 feet to 40 feet container sizes based upon your requirements. The car or auto is harnessed and secured in place to avoid any movement or damage during transit. You can put other goods that you need to move along with the car. However, this turns out to be a more expensive method than RORO. In the Roll-on/Roll-Off method, you drive your car up the ramp onto the freight ship, where it is harnessed on the deck and driven off at Klaipeda. You can only have some gas, spare keys and tire along with the jack in the car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?