Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Hungary
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Hungary
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a car shipped from the United States to Hungary isn’t terribly expensive given the distance, but there are other associated costs, such as import taxes and registration that will add on to your total cost.
- On average, most cars transported to the area cost between $1,700 and $3,500 to ship.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Hungary
|San Jose, CA to|
(California port) to Budapest
|Los Angeles to|
(California port) to Gyor
|Boston, MA to|
(New York port) to Budapest
|Phoenix, AZ to|
(California port) to Miskolc
|Detroit, MI to|
(New York port) to Pecs
|Chicago, IL to|
(New York port) to Budapest
|Atlanta, GA to|
(New York port) to Gyor
|Denver, CO to|
(California port) to Budapest
|Miami, FL to|
(New York port) to Miskolc
|Dallas, TX to|
(California port) to Pecs
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
It is certainly possible to export your vehicle to Hungary. Of course, in order to do so you must be fully compliant with all the government rules and requirements. This means that it is essential to do your research and make sure you are using the most up-to-date information. Each country has their own quirks about the types of cars and vehicles that can be imported along with specific documents and regulations that must be considered ahead of time.
The first thing to understand is that it will be much easier to complete this process if you are the holder of a valid Hungarian Residence Permit (or the vehicle is in the name of such a person). This will allow your forms and documents to have a much easier time as they go through the proper channels. You should also bear in mind that due to some of the rules, a US made car or vehicle might need to have some technical modifications before being shipped to Hungary.
You will, of course, want to use a very reliable shipping company. They can help you to understand and navigate all of these rules and requirements. Make sure they are licensed to operate internationally and have dealt with shipping vehicles to Hungary specifically in the past. This will also ease your mind that they are familiar with the various rules and requirements and can help you to complete the process smoothly.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are a number of things to remember even before you attempt exporting your vehicle to Hungary. For example, a car or truck may be imported duty-free as long as it is equipped with a catalysator (a catalytic converter), even on a temporary basis. For this to happen, your Hungarian Residence Permit must be valid. In other words, if you are simply going on an extended vacation and think that having your car to drive the highways and byways outside Budapest is a cool idea, forget about that right now.
Your vehicle should ideally be a newer model. Another main restriction under Hungarian law is that your vehicle should be under four years old. Older model vehicles may be shipped to Hungary, but they will need to pass an environmental examination. The cost will be billed to you for such a test. In some cases, passing such a test might involve the completion of some technical modifications.
Your vehicle will also need to clear Hungarian customs. The good news is that once this happens, you are pretty much finished. After it clears this step, you will be issued a Hungarian Registration number. This number is similar to registering your vehicle at the local US State MVA. It will allow you to drive your vehicle in all the states throughout the European Union, which is a great fringe benefit.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Hungary
- Invoice or value declaration – This must also be signed by the customer or vehicle owner.
- Identification – Provide copies of your passport, Work Permit, and Residence Permit.
- Original registration papers – For your vehicle.
- Liability insurance – This is mainly to cover the shipper and Hungarian government; can be very difficult to obtain in the US.
- Bank guarantee – Will need to have your shipping expert explain how to obtain this document.
- Hungarian Power of Attorney – This should include the original document along with the signatures of two witnesses.
- Drivers License – Copy of your US driver’s license will suffice.
- Bill of lading
You will also need to make sure to file your intentions with the US Customs and Border Protection. Normally, this would likely be handled by your shipping company, but always confirm that everything has been handled.
Learn more about registering a vehicle in Hungary.
Retrieving the Vehicle
Another important point to remember is that your destination is a land-locked country in Europe. That means that whenever shipping your vehicle to Hungary it will need to arrive at a port and then must be transported over land. Typically, your vehicle will arrive at a port in Croatia, like Rijeka or Ploce. From here, your international shipping must arrange transport to your final destination in Hungary.
You, or your representative, will need to actually arrive at the destination in order to take possession of the vehicle. If all of your documentation is in order, this step is usually a formality. Just be sure to have all papers with you, including your own identification.
In order to ship your vehicle to Hungary, make sure to follow all of the guidelines. This means gathering all of the appropriate documents and also using an experience international shipping company. The process will take some effort, but will ultimately be worth it once you are motoring down the highways and byways of Europe. The best option would be to import a newer car that is three years old or less, but even an older car can still work as long as it passes the environmental inspection.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Hungary
There’s no better way to deliver cargo across the world than by hiring professional international transporters. A1 Auto Transport has been shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo outside of the U.S. for many, many years. We can ship nearly any type of heavy and oversized equipment overseas with our access to the right shipping technologies and equipment. Our successful deliveries are also partially due to the knowledge we hold in foreign import policies. Before you can lawfully ship your cargo to Hungary from the U.S., it must first meet all import restrictions and you will need to obtain a certificate of import approval from Customs.
As an example, we’ve created a short list of some of the equipment we’re able to ship internationally.
- Farm Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Cotton Pickers
- Industrial Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo
The transport methods available to you through A1 are determined by the type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you’re trying to send. Altogether we have four different shipping options that can be used to deliver heavy equipment overseas. Here is a brief description for each one of our shipping methods…
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo): This is an open air shipping service and it’s our most affordable overseas transport option. To take advantage of this shipping service your heavy equipment or large vehicle must be able to drive onto the ship using a ramp.
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo): This open air transport method is for those shipping inoperable large vehicles or crated heavy equipment to Hungary. A crane lifts the cargo onto and off of the boat since it can’t drive onto it.
- Container Shipping: This enclosed shipping method protects your cargo the most. As long as your heavy equipment can fit into a 40ft shipping container, you can use this method of transport.
- Flat Rack: This transport method uses a large metal frame to secure your cargo on the ship so that it doesn’t risk damages from shifting and moving during its delivery process.