The first thing that people think about when transporting their car is suggested is the cost of the shipping process. What most don’t realize is that the cost of shipping services is very reasonable. It’s the cost of the country’s import duties and taxes that tend to be costly.
This is why professionals recommend booking a transport a few months ahead of time. It allows you time to prepare for the shipping process and to pay off all associated taxes. You cannot gain Custom’s approval for vehicle import until taxes are paid and all forms of proof are shown.
To ship your car to Hungary from the United States, you will have several transport service options. Only two of the main transport methods are practical. Matter of fact, the third option is so costly that many transport companies won’t even offer it. This method is air shipping which requires a plane for delivery of the car. Your other two options are RO/RO and container shipping. RO/RO is an open air transport method and the cheapest of all shipping options.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Hungary’s Auto Import Taxes and Duties Explained.
There are several taxes and duties that you should expect to pay. The tax rates vary according to the type of car and its age, as well as weight, emissions, horsepower, and engine size. Your transport company will help you sort out the details with the taxes. However, by calling the Embassy of Hungary, you can double check to make sure you have the correct percentage rates.
- VAT- 25%
- Vehicle Registration Tax- Based on age, engine size and emissions.
- Ownership Taxes- Private vehicles are based on weight and horsepower. Commercial vehicles are based on weight and pollution.
- Weight Tax.
- Total Acquisition Tax.
- Annual Liability Premium.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?