Gyor is the most important city of the northwest parts of Hungary and it’s the capital of the Gyor-Moson-Spron Country. This is also the sixth-biggest city in the country and the seventh main regional center.
With to see and do, regardless of whether you are a returning citizen, student or an expatriate working here, your basic requirements will remain having your own vehicle to traverse in the city.
If you are going to start the import process for your vehicle, you can only do that after you have a Hungarian Residence Permit or at least the vehicle is owned by someone who does person. This is going to allow your forms and other documents to have much easier time of acceptance. You should also have to abide by the rules set forth for US made vehicles as you might need to implement technical modifications. This is needed to ensure that the vehicles meet the EU standards for emission laws.
Of course, you’d also have to rely on the services of a reliable shipping agency that’s going to help you with the overall navigation of the process and ensure a hassle-free import. An international license is a proof for quality and experience so you have to look for companies like A1 Auto Transport if you want to make absolutely sure that you are being taken care of by the right people.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to Consider.
There are a lot of different things to be considered such as the exemption of taxes. This might happen if your car is equipped with a catalysator, even on a temporary basis. You would need to have a valid Hungarian Residence Permit. Furthermore, ideally your car should be a new model as your vehicle has to be less than four years of age. Older cars are also allowed but only after they pass an environmental examination. The cost is also going to be billed to you if such test is required. You need to clear the Hungarian Customs Authority and once you are through with it you need to get the vehicle registered. You are going to be issued a Hungarian number after that and that would allow you to drive your car through all countries of the EU which is an added benefit.
Hungary is a land-locked country and you would need to ship it to the port of Croatia and transport it using multiple-vehicle carriers or drive it to Hungary. A1 Auto Transport will arrange this to take place. If you want to import the car without any issues you must make sure to follow the guidelines closely if you want to avoid any problems. It’s also best if your car is less than three years old.
Required Documentation for shipping.
The documents that follow have to be presented and completed:
- Invoice or declaration of value – signed by the owner.
- Identification – Residence Permit, Work Permit or passport – copies.
- Original registration
- Insurance for liability – this is to cover the shipper as well as the government of Hungary and it could be difficult to obtain in the US.
- Bank Guarantee – Your shipping agent would shed more light on this one.
- Hungarian Power of Attorney – original document along with the signs of the two witnesses.
- Driver’s License – a Copy.
There are three options of shipping to Hungary which includes air shipping, Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. You need to consider the various aspects before making your decision or discuss it with us and let us help you get the most affordable option.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory