Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Szeged
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
As the third largest city in Hungary, Szeged is the county seat of Csongrád County. If you are planning to move here to live on a temporary or permanent basis, you might consider importing your vehicle for better commuting in and around the city. Irrespective of the reason for your stay, having your personal vehicle can be of advantage and that is why A1 Auto Transport services can help you at every step.
However, it isn’t as difficult as you might be imagining. When you have the support and guidance of an experienced shipping service, we do ensure that the move is stress free for you. However, complying with the government’s regulations is important as there are specific requirements that must be fulfilled when you are shipping a vehicle to Szeged, Hungary.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Making the process easier.
The complete process gets easy if you have the valid Hungarian Residence Permit or if the vehicle is in the name of someone that holds this permit. The processing of the documents goes faster and you need to ensure that you know about the technical modifications that are needed in US-made vehicles that are being imported to Szeged. There are provisions to import the vehicle tax free. However, if you have the residence permit, you are eligible to import the vehicle that has a catalytic converter, completely tax free. There are some considerations that need to be considered such as:
- It is best to have a new vehicle to import.
- If it is a used vehicle, it should be less than 4 years from manufacture.
- All used vehicles need to pass emission and environmental tests.
- Technical modifications might be needed to adhere to EU requirements.
It is essential that the vehicle has to clear all pre-condition of the Hungarian Customs and Excise department. After you get the clearances, you will be eligible to apply for the local Hungarian registration number and you are eligible to drive anywhere in European Union.
There are a host of documents that have to be submitted not just in US, but with the National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary (NTCA). Here is a complete list of the required documents:
- Bill of sale of the vehicle (signed by owner)
- Identification of ownership- passport, driving license.
- Residence or work permit.
- Liability insurance certificate.
- Bank guarantee.
- Power of Attorney in Hungary.
It is essential to file with the U.S Customs and Border Protection about the intent to export the vehicle from USA and we will do that on your behalf. The most common methods to ship is Roll-On/Roll-Off and Container shipping. The prices and methods of shipment vary and that is why it is important to discuss this in detail with the shipping service. As Hungary is a landlocked country, for your vehicle to reach Szeged, it will be shipped till the Port of Rijeka in Croatia and then driven over to Hungary. If you are looking for more detailed information on shipping your vehicle to Hungary, look up the website of Embassy of Hungary in USA.