Located in Hungary, Pecs is the 5th largest city, located on the panoramic Mecsek Mountains slopes. Its location is near the international borders with Croatia. It is the business and administrative center of Baranya County. If you want to move to Pecs to work or continue your education or if you want to return as a citizen after living abroad, you may want to bring your vehicle with you from the United States so you can get around faster without relying on public transportation.
If you want to move to Pecs to work or continue your education or if you want to return as a citizen after living abroad, you may want to bring your vehicle with you from the United States so you can get around faster without relying on public transportation.
Before you can ship your vehicle, you will need to follow a process to keep everything on track and legal otherwise, you could find that your import is delayed or even revoked. Vehicles made in the U.S may need to be modified in order to meet EU regulations and this need to be done before the vehicle is shipped. The process is termed as Homologation.
The assistance of international shipping service.
With the assistance of A1 Auto Transport, you can import your vehicle without delay because they know what is required and how to meet requirements as quickly and efficiently as possible. At A1 Auto Transport, we have been shipping vehicles to the EU for years and know the latest regulations and how to prepare your vehicle for this type of import. Some of the rules and regulations for importing to Hungary include:
- Vehicles must be no more than four years old.
- The only way to import your vehicle duty-free is if your vehicle has a catalytic converter. You will still need to have the Hungarian Residence Permit up-to-date.
- If your vehicle is over four years old, you will need to have it pass the emission and environment test. This should be added onto your bill before you get the quote as this is determined by the vehicles' year.
- You can only apply for a Hungarian Registration Number after you have paid the customs duties. Then you will be able to drive through EU without any problem.
Essential documents for auto import.
When you ship your vehicle internationally, there are several documents that you need to submit to export it successfully from the United States. These documents need to be submitted when your vehicle reaches the new port of destination as well. These documents include:
- Signed invoice.
- Proof of Identification, such as a passport or work/residence permit.
- Original registration papers.
- Title to the vehicle.
- Liability insurance that will cover Hungarian Government and shipping service.
- Bank Guarantee which will be obtained with the help of A1 Auto Transport Service.
- The United States driver's license.
When you are ready to export from the United States, A1 Auto Transport Service will notify the U.S Customs and Border Protection with your intent. Hungary is a country that is landlocked so your vehicle will need to be shipped to Croatia and then transported by land to Pecs. There will be border checks at check posts throughout so be sure that you have a copy of all documents inside your car.
You will need to decide which shipping option you will use based on your needs and your budget. The two most popular are Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping. You can find out more about shipping, including the latest laws that may have changed by contacting the Embassy of Hungary located in the United States.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.