Shipping a Car To Or From Estonia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard vehicle shipping costs to Estonia from the United States range from $2,500 to $5,300.
- The most cost-effective way to ship a car to the area is using a shipping container (containerized shipping) and have it shipped from a port on the East Coast.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Estonia
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Tallin||$275||$1,300||5+18|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Tallin||$400||$1,300||5+18|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Tallin||$450||$3,200||5+36|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Tallin||$350||$3,200||5+36|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Tallin||$550||$3,200||6+36|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Tallin||$575||$1,300||6+18|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Tallin||$700||$1,300||6+18|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Tallin||$775||$3,200||7+36|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Tallin||$925||$1,300||7+18|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Tallin||$1,025||$3,200||7+36|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Many people who move to Estonia from the US elect to bring a vehicle into the country as well. This is because cars are notoriously expensive to purchase locally in many EU countries. With frequent departures from the States to Estonia’s busy ports, shipping with a reliable company like A-1 Auto Transport is an ideal solution to get your vehicle into the country speedily and without issue. Note, though, that importation of any car into the EU comes with a set of requirements.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Located on the Baltic coastline in the northern section of continental Europe, Estonia boasts ports at major cities including Tallinn, Muuga, and Paldiski, Of these, the harbor at Tallinn is a popular import destination and the best-connected to US ports, with many shipping lines servicing this route.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Estonia
Before you can ship your car out of the US, you’ll need to obtain certain documentation to satisfy export requirements. This includes:
- Proof of vehicle ownership.
- Bill of Sale.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance documents.
- Written clearance from the lien holder (if applicable)
Documents Required For Non-members of the European Union
As an EU member state, Estonian requirements for import of non-EU vehicles are somewhat restrictive. In addition to the above list, some additional documents must be obtained to satisfy entry requirements.
- A written customs declaration, available in border customs offices
- Pre-registration inspection by the ARK Bureau
All vehicles imported into Estonia or rebuilt in the country are subject to import duties. Vehicles must be registered in Estonia within five days of Customs clearance, and applicable tariffs must be paid during this period as well.
Types of Shipping
The two primary methods of vehicle shipping are Ro/Ro (“roll on/roll off”) and container shipping. Ro/Ro – driving the vehicle onto a ship at the port of origin, and back off at the port of arrival – is typically the less expensive of the two. However, those shipping a more valuable vehicle, such as a vintage or antique mode, may prefer the greater protection from collisions and the elements that a shipping container provides.
Preparing Your Car for Shipping
Once the decision to ship has been made and the method has been selected, there are a few important final preparation steps:
- Clean the vehicle, inside and out. A thorough job will help to avoid quarantine-based delays at Customs.
- Remove all personal belongings from the car.
- Obtain shipping insurance.
- Inspect the car for dents, scratches, and other issues in the company of the shipping agent. Be sure to note any blemishes or problems, and obtain a signed copy of the record.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Estonia
Shipping heavy equipment out of the United States to a country far across the globe is a task that’s best left to skilled transport specialists with international shipping experience. There’s a lot that goes into planning and preparing for an overseas transport. When you don’t have access to the proper equipment and technology, delivering heavy equipment to another country isn’t possible. Not to mention, before you can ship your oversized cargo to Estonia, you must understand their import laws and provide specific forms of proof to Customs. Professional transporters will guide you through this process and make the overall shipping process a successful, smooth experience.
At A1 Auto Transport, we have shipped all types of heavy equipment and overseas cargo to other countries throughout the decades we’ve been in business. We have the logistics of such a long, international delivery already mastered. To give you an idea, some of the pieces of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we have shipped include…
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
It doesn’t matter what type of oversized cargo or heavy equipment you’re shipping to Estonia, A1 will add on insurance coverage to your shipping service purchase. The amount of insurance received may not protect the whole value of your cargo but we do offer additional insurance packages at small fees.
What Overseas Transport Methods Are Available to Me?
Anyone in need of shipping services through A1 for delivering heavy equipment overseas will have several options unless their cargo limits them from choosing certain transport options. Nevertheless, we’ve included a summary of each international transport service we offer…
- Container shipping is the safest form of international transport. As long as your heavy equipment can fit into a 40ft container (even if it must be disassembled), you’re able to take advantage of this method of shipping. Due to the extra security provided, this transport method is slightly more expensive than the other options you have.
- Flat rack shipping includes securing your cargo to a metal frame so it has no room to move or shift before it is placed atop the water vessel for transport.
- RoRo transport is the cheapest and most cost efficient shipping service we offer. This open air service is available to those with functioning vehicles and equipment able to roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo transport is a method of open air transport that’s recommended to those with inoperable large vehicles and equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo on and off of the ship.
Related Information & FAQs
- Learn about shipping a car to Estonia using open air services
- Book a date with a transport company that can ship your car to Estonia
- Staying organized and on top of everything as professionals ship the car to Estonia
- The lowdown on buying transport services to ship a car to Estonia
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.